Coming out--- chapter 24

SHAY POV

"SHANNON HURRY UP, WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!" my mother scream for the 100th time. jeez I don't why she wants to hurry up so badly. we still had like 30 minutes. oh shit! I put the final touches and got out of the restroom. "ok, I'm ready."   "Finally!" she grab her purse and power walk all the way to were my dad car was.

Wait....

My dad's car?!

I ran to give and gave him a huge bear hug. "Daddy!" I don't care if I looked like a 5 year old. I'm a daddies girl and that would never change. "Hey princess. You look beautiful." He said once he put me down. I smiled at him and gave me another hug. "Haha ok time to go, we are running late." my mother said.

We got in the car and drive in silence to the wedding. Once we got there I climb off and stand next to my dad. "I love the outside wedding, its beautiful."  I told him as we were walking to the chairs. "Yeah it is. Maybe you could-" I zoned out.

I couldn't believe who was sitting just a few feet away. When we lock eyes. The whole world just stopped. It was just me and her. I couldn't look away she look so beautiful. Her hair was curled She was wearing a pink, mid thigh, halter top dress with open toe black high heels. My eyes were rooming down her body when I notice someone holding her hand. I didn't even notice someone was next to her.

I stop staring at her and look at the person next to her. She didn't look happy. She look more like sad and ... scared? Claire look at me then at Ashley. She turn Ashley's head and kiss her. I could hear my heart breaking falling into a pieces. Why are they kissing. Why is she with my Ashley.

"Baby, why are you crying? Are you alright?" I hadn't even realized that I was crying. I reach my cheek and wipe the tears away. "Yeah I'm fi-fine." My voice broke. Yeah he's going to believe I'm fine now. God I'm so pathetic. "No your not sweetie. Come on time to eat some ice cream." He wipe some tears off and grab my hand pulling me out of the wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have been driving aimlessly for 15 minutes now. It had been quiet the whole time. The only noise was the music playing in the radio but it wasn't that loud, and my constant sniffing. "ok, lets get some ice cream!" my dad said excitedly. I stared to giggle. No matter in what mood your in my dad would always get you to smile or crack up.

When we arrived, my dad quickly got out off the car and jog inside the little café. I laugh and did the same. "jeez dad. Thanks for waiting for me." I said sarcastically. He laugh and pull me to the counter.

After I order my 'boring and simple' ice cream, like my dad calls it. We sat down in one of the tables and eat our ice cream in silence. That's until my dad decided to speak. "So....." He said raising his eyebrows. "So..." I mimicked him.

He clear his throat. As he was opening his mouth to say something his phone stared to ring. He look at a bit scared but he still answer it. 'Must be mom.'  "Heyy sweetie...yeah I know.... She didn't feel right so we decided to head home... ok... yes.... congratulate them for me... okay thank you... bye love you." He hang up and sigh. I burst out laughing. Soon I heard him too.

"ok so you want to tell me what's going on?" he ask after we settle down. I stayed quite. I wanted to tell him so much, but I didn't know how he would react. I mean, look how mom took it. She made me break up with her and then move me to another state. I heard him staring to talk again but I interrupted him.

"yes."

"okay. what's-"

"I'm gay." I blurred out. Shit!

"What?" he look surprised. Okay here we go.

"I'm gay. And i'm in love with Ashley, my best friend. We actually dated in secret of course. She wanted to tell her mom so she did. Then I wanted to tell mom but was afraid to. So I told Ashley to come for dinner to tell her together. When we did. She went crazy. She stared saying that we were confused and that we were young so it was normal. When we try to explain that it wasn't she made Ashley go away and told me never to see her again. Of course I kept seeing her. But then mom found out and she made me go to Manchester and made me attend an all girl school-"

"wait.. how is that going to help. I mean your gay.. how is going to the all girl school going to help?" he said with a bit of amusement in his face. "that's what I was thinking." I stared to laugh. Then it hit me. "wait dad, your okay with me being gay?" I ask surprised. "well of course, I don't care who you love. As long as it legal of course." I wanted to cry but of happiness. He accepted me.

I got up from my seat and hug him. Then I stared to cry. After I finally calm down I told my dad everything. From when I stared feeling towards Ashley to when I saw her just a few hours ago with Claire.

"I think you should fight for her." my dad said finishing his Oreo cookie ice cream. I look at him confused. "I saw the way she look at you. I don't think she's over you. So I think you should at least try and get her back." he smile. God I love my dad. He's the best! I still can't believe how lucky I am to have him.

"What about mom. She would never let it happen. I truly love Ashley but I don't want to loose my mom." I could fear the my eyes getting watery. "Oh don't worry. I would fix that. But for now we need a plan to get your girl back." he wink.

I would do what my dad suggested.

I would fight for Ashley.

I would get the girl I love back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey!! hope you all had a lovely Christmas. and if don't celebrate it then I hope you had a lovely Wednesday. :) 

VOTE AND COMEMMENT!!