[8]

Status: Edited

Yoon Mika

It's been a few hours since I was stabbed by Wo Hee and my first kiss with Baek Ah. It was already early morning, the sun was up. I pulled the blanket over my head, I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment as I remembered the kiss I gave Baek Ah. Ah, Mika. You shouldn't have done that! I mentally scolded myself. I slightly pulled the covers down to see Baek Ah asleep by the side of his bed with my hand in his. I was still in his bed, injured. I tried to roll to my side but I ended up groaning because of the sharp sting I felt by my stomach. Baek Ah jolted up from his peaceful slumber.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking at me as he squeezed my hand. I shook my head and he continued to stare into my eyes. I have never felt so lost in those beautiful chocolate brown orbs of his. He sat up from his position and sat down on the bed, I pulled the covers over my head and hid myself.

"I know you're awake, Jang-Mi." He laughed, as he tried to pull down the covers. I giggled and pulled it back up, "No, I'm not." I answered him.

I pulled the covers down, with a pout across my face. I tried to sit up, but thanks to the wound—I couldn't sit up properly.

Baek Ah noticed and helped me up. After doing so, he poured me a cup of tea. "Drink this. It'll make you feel better."

I drank the cup of tea slowly, it was hot yet soothing. "Thank you, Your Hig-" He looked at me with the I-Told-You-To-Call-Me-Baek-Ah look. "Baek Ah.." I whispered.

He patted me on the head with a smile. I smiled in return as I continued to finish my tea. "Your sister came here earlier. She was looking for you." He told me, as he looked at me. "Did you tell-"

"No. I couldn't." He exclaimed. He looked nervous, he shool his head. "Stay here for the time being. I'll let your household know." He told me, as he took the towel that was resting on the edge of the bed. "Go, rest. You'll need it, Jang Mi" He smiled sadly.

As he said those words, he stood up from the bed and began to walk to the door.

Without a moment to lose, two of his attendants came in with a basin of water and some towels. "Lady Yoon, please allow us to clean your wound." One of them told me. I gave them a nod and the began to clean me up. As they were cleaning me up, one of them told me to stay within the 13th prince's household for now since that the princes have lined up infront of the king's place. They told me that King Taejo had passed away. This was it.

I waited for them to leave. Waiting for some gap, I decided to escape the Prince's Room, opening one of the windows, I hopped out the window.

Without any clue where I was heading to, I ended up in the Teaching Square. Upon seeing a scene I shouldn't have. I felt my chest tighten. It was Baek Ah and Wo Hee.

I over hear their conversation once again. Man, can't they lower their voices? But this is good too. Because I can hear what they're talking about.

"If that girl hadn't stepped infront of me. I would've killed him there and then!" She screamed, as she took her anger out on him.

"Besides, what did my father ever do to you?" He asked, confused. "What was your motive for trying to kill my father? Because of you—an innocent girl was injured." He added.

"Oh, Your Highness. Please don't act like you don't know anything. Your father killed my family. Leaving me alone." She said angrily. Baek Ah's face softens, his gaze never softens... what is this...

He actually apologizes on his father’s behalf, which causes a tear to snake down Wo-hee’s cheek. She fights him when he pulls her into an embrace, but eventually gives in. “I am sorry for being my father’s son,” he adds. Baek-ah asks Wo-hee if she’d be willing to forget everything and just be with him, since no one would recognize her from the ceremony. Before she can answer, they’re interrupted when Hae Soo arrives with So to ask Wo-hee about her hometown.

I felt my heart drop. Does that mean that quick kiss meant nothing to him?

"If you must know,our father has passed away." So informs Baek-Ah. "All the roads have been blocked. We need to get the crown prince here!" Hae Soo added. There they were. The four of them, talking about the death of the king. Think Mika. What's going to happen next?

Baek Ah looks at Wo Hee and asks her if she knew a way out of the palace. Since So trusts Baek-ah, he tells him that the king has passed, which causes Wo-hee to lose her footing. Baek-ah steadies her as So fills him in on what Su told him about their brothers’ plans, asking Baek-ah to be the one to send word to the crown prince.

*******

Word has spread that I was missing. That,I, was no longer in the household of the 13th Prince. The Yoon Clan has taken note of my disappearance and are on the look out for me.

Its already nightfall and Baek-Ah and Wo Hee were on their way to get the Crown Prince. I decided to follow them, quietly. I'd like to thank the heavens that I went to those stealth classes. Although, the pain by my stomach grew worse. I stopped when Woo-hee forces Baek-ah to make camp later that night.

Over a warm fire, Baek-ah tells her that he never intended to hide that he was a prince from her. At least she knows she has no room to be upset, since she hid things from him too.

But Baek-ah can’t help but wonder what their lives would have been like if he were only a musician, and if she were only a gisaeng. Woo-hee just tells him to rest by way of answer, since they’ll reach her hometown tomorrow. They both know that they’ll have to part ways then, and neither will have a reason to meet again.

Woo-hee’s much more adamant about this point than he is, so Baek-ah just resigns himself to that fact. “If we can’t see each other again, then… can I do as I like tonight?” he asks, before leaning in to kiss her. By this point, I already felt like I've lost all hope.

With the decision of turning back, I climbed the tree that was near their camp fire. The stab wound was hurting but it wasnt as bad as earlier. It was probably because I felt so numb.

"
You're just a little too far away; my hands can't reach. 
I wonder if I'll want to catch hold of your shadow.

Don't be so nice to me like that. 
See! We are hurting each other again, 
and immobilized by our heaped-up lies. 
Don't stare at me with eyes like those, 
as I won't know how to react to that. 
I've been doing nothing but losing my way, 
but I wonder if I'll be able to smile someday."

I sang a short line from one of my favorite songs from the future.

I really wonder... Will I get to smile like I used to before?

Author's Note:

Ohmygosh, guys! Thank you for 1.2k reads! Thank you for supporting this story! What do you think'll happen?

Don't forget to comment and vote!