Chapter 2

*Kalpana Pov*

"What? But why?" I asked, staring at him with complete shock.

"It's been too long since you returned to work." He stated leaning back in his chair.

"I was on maternity leave, Sir." I said, frowning at him and tried to control the panic settling inside.

"We can't let you continue here." He said shaking his head.

"I came to work even one week before my delivery. And I never took leave. I took this leave because I am sure no one can come under such conditions in the world." I said standing up.

"You don't have a choice in this, Ms.Kalpana. You worked here for less than a year. So, we can remove you if we want." He said and pushed forward the letter.

"Please, Sir! I really need this job. I have a baby now to take care of too." I pleaded him hating to do it for something which is my right.

He just stared at me with a frown and tapped on the table. Then he took out another envelope before moving it forward.

"I said you are just removed from here. However, this is something which you should look at. I hope you will make the right choice as it will be good for you." He said, smirking and with a frown I slowly took the second envelope.

"Why are you back so soon?" she asked, opening the door to which I frowned and walked inside.

"Is he sleeping?" I asked, sitting on the small couch in the living room.

"Yes!" she replied and sat beside me.

"I got removed from the job for taking maternity leave." I stated and she gasped.

"What? Every woman has a right to have that leave. How can he do that?" she asked with angry expression.

"That's what I told him, Jhanvi." I replied leaning back.

"What will you do now? Shall I ask for some job in the hospital?" she asked frowning.

"No! Actually, he gave another option." I replied with irritation on my face.

"What? Did he offer something like offensive? I will kill him if he wished for some mistress thing or anything else." She said standing up.

"Why did you come up with that?" I asked staring at her.

"Well, that's what happens everywhere right? Bosses asking such thing from women all the time. And I have read such from some novels." She replied shrugging.

"Ok!" I mumbled hiding my smile.

"And Bosses are always handsome when such things are done." She added frowning.

"My boss is an old guy." I said staring at her.

"What?" she asked and paced before me.

"Yes! Such things happen everywhere, not in the kind of mistress thing, but yeah such things are being shown to the women and also men. And it is not always from handsome men." I replied, remembering my first job trail.

"Well, if both have wish then it is fine. But forcing is not at all fine." She said and I nodded before patting on the couch.

"What my boss said was that I got a job offer from a company and the letter was sent to his company." I explained.

"Really? Then why are you irritated?" she asked with confusion clear on her face.

"Because this company is huge like really huge. And until now I worked as a clerk in a two floor company. Why did I get the offer?" I asked and she slowly nodded before leaning back.

"Didn't you tell me that you have put your CV in job portal?" she asked and I nodded.

"I too thought they must have given the job based on that. But still it seems to be more than unusual." I replied and she sighed.

"When life is offering something, don't think like that. This is something big and you should go for it." She said smiling.

"But I may don't have time for Sudhir and can't look after him." I mumbled and she laughed.

"What am I here for? I will take care of him." She said smiling.

"I don't want to trouble you." I mumbled and she shook her head.

"Fine! When you go to the office, I will take care of your Sudhir. And when I go for my evening and night shift, you take care of my kid." She offered.

"Your kid is nearly three years and will be sleeping the whole night. You will be exhausted with mine." I said sighing.

"Now, don't blame my kid for that." She said laughing, making me laugh with her.

"Fine! Anyway, you are like a mother to him. If not for you, then I would have been completely alone while delivering." I said smiling at her.

"I got a friend didn't I? Everyone stayed away from me because I am here with a kid without any man, but you didn't have any such problem." She said with grateful look.

"But I too don't have any man here and you are fine with it." I pointed out.

"No one would have any problem as you are divorced but I..." she mumbled and looked away.

"It would be good if you try to move forward and not expect anything." I mumbled but she shook her head.

"He will be here." She said with so much surety like always that I had to nod.

"Ok! Why don't we cook lunch at your house only? I will bring Harsha down and we will stay discussing about your new job." She added getting up.

"Sure! You locked your door, right?" I asked, walking towards the door and looked outside at the house opposite but a few houses away from mine.

"Yeah! Now, come on and tell me what is this company and what position you have in that." She said ushering me and I smiled nodding.

"Eat this, Harsh." She said, frowning at him.

"No!" he mumbled, shaking his head.

"I will not talk to you." She said, shaking her head imitating him.

"I am a pince. You need to tilk." He said in his own words and I tried to understand him.

"Yes! You are a prince." She said smiling and I shook my head.

I glanced down at Sudhir and smiled to which he twitched his lips clapping his hands. There was the feeling like always which began from the day I held him and never reduced. Life is good! I thought, glancing at him and at Jhanvi who is still trying to make him have his food.

------------------------------------

so, here it is and i know it is small... like all other stories it will increase with coming chapters...

my first aim would be to make it diff from stereotype like i said... let's see whether i will come up to it...

how is the chap guys???

comment plz and vote...