Chapter One ~ Conceal, Don't feel.

I locked the door and sunk to the floor of my bedroom. The tears poured down my face as the realisation of what had happened. I could have killed my sister. I was supposed to be a Princess, not a monster. I loved Anna more than anything, and the last thing I'd wanted to do was hurt her. I wished I didn't have these powers. I summoned the strength to stand up as I felt a knock on my door. 

'Elsa?' It was my Mother. 'Let me in' I stood still, pretending I was asleep. I heard her sigh and walk away. I didn't want to talk to anybody every again. I knew that wasn't happening, but I stayed silent until I fell into a deep sleep, which I hoped I would never awaken from.

What felt like years later, I was woken up by a knock on the door. I knew I'd slept for at least a day, as I felt the pains of hunger in my stomach. 

'Princess Elsa, it's the cook. I've been sent to deliver food.' I slowly crept to the door and opened it a crack. 

'Thank you' I whispered and took the plate. Within seconds I  felt the ice creeping onto the plate. I shut the door and locked it again. The door was now almost covered with ice. How could this come out of me? I was a young girl, why did I have these powers? Some people would kill for the ability to mace ice and snow, but they don't realise that you could damage the people you love, even if you don't mean to. 

The next few days, weeks, months, pass quickly. I still can't touch anything without it getting ice all over it. As I was trying to touch the wall without it being affected, I hear a knock on my door. I spin around, recognising it as the knock Anna used to use when she was scared to wake me up. 

'Elsa?' She says, 'Do you want to build a snowman?' Words that would once make my face light up. I reach out for the doorknob, but the ice escapes once again. She continues to talk until I say, 

'Go away Anna' I want to cry after telling her this, especially when I hear her sigh, 

'Okay bye...' as she walks away. I look wistfully out the window, and watch it as snow falls around the Kingdom. I place my hands on the windowsill and jump away as thicker, more powerful ice spreads at twice the speed as before. I wish I could control it, but it was just getting stronger. The only person that seemed to be able to help was my Father, and I had no idea how I could talk to him. I decided to listen for when Anna had gone to sleep. After I heard her saying goodnight, I crept around the castle, looking for him. It took me almost an hour to find him, but he was holding a pair of white gloves and standing next to my mother. 

'Dad... It's getting worse, I don't know what to do!' I cried. 

'The gloves will help. Remember, conceal it...' 

'Don't feel it. Don't let it show.' I continue. I walk back upstairs. Slightly unnerved by the fact he knew what I wanted, and I knew what to say, I went to sleep, my mind repeating, 

'Conceal, don't feel.'