Chapter 45

Please vote and comment! xoxo

---------------------------

When Sobia and I returned home from the salon, the whole living room was decorated with flowers and scented candles.

'Wow' I managed to say.

'I am glad you liked it' Rafay came into from the kitchen along with my brother Sabir.

'Thank you Rafay, everything looks great' I was getting so emotional. I was so lucky to have Sobia and Rafay in my life.

'I helped too' Sabir ran towards me and gave me thumbs up after looking at my dress.

'Love you' I patted his head.

'Okay, we still have 15-20 minutes before Farid's family come. Is the food ready' Sobia was all business today.

'Yes, aunties are in the kitchen' Rafay informed us. I was glad Sobia's mother was also here to help my mother with the cooking.

'Okay, I'll go check if they need any help' I said but Sobia stopped me and went inside instead.

'I am gonna go change' My brother chirpily said and ran off to his room.

I sat down on the sofa and patted the seat next to me for Rafay.

'I didn't get a chance to say thank you to you Rafay' I looked at him.

'You don't have to...' I stopped him from finishing his sentence.

'Yes I do, you are a god sent Rafay and I truly mean it. I am glad I met you and I am even happier that now you are about to start your life with none other than my sister Sobia. Sobia has given me so much than she'll ever know. I always used to pray for Sobia, I wanted her to find a guy who would truly appreciate her qualities and respect her for that and I am relieved that she chose you for her life partner... Sorry I am getting so emotional' I picked up a tissue from the table and brought it close to my eyes.

'Then I should say thank you to you too...It's because of you that I found her. You were a god sent too' He placed his hand on my head and I smiled.

I heard a voice coming from behind and saw Sobia crying in the back. I went to her and embraced her.

'I love you so much' I whispered and she hugged me tighter.

'I love you too' She replied.

Once we parted she glared at me as if something really bad happened.

'What?' I got worried.

'We need to fix your eyeliner, it smuggled' She said in horror and it made Rafay and me laugh so much.

'You are crazy Sobia... but I love you' Rafay chuckled.

Farid and his family arrived right on time. It was eight in the evening when the doorbell rang and Sabir and my mother went to the door to receive them, while Sobia, her mother and Rafay stayed by my side. All of a sudden I started feeling anxious as if I was going to meet Farid for the first time. It was such a crazy experience. My heartbeat got faster.

'It's okay' Sobia held my hand and I shook my hand.

As soon as I heard their footsteps entering the room, my eyes found Farid right away. He was wearing a white kurta and beige trouser. His hair was pushed back and his beard was trimmed shorter than usual. He looked at me as if he has never seen me before, as if I was a painting and he was an admirer. Did I look that different?

His family followed behind and everyone seemed in a mood that made me feel easier.

'Assalam O Alikum' I said to all of them and they all greeted back. Farid nodded his head and smiled at me.