Chapter 9

Lucy's POV

Then....

Out of nowhere....

I saw the first key.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was orange and flared as a person moved swiftly around the track.

The person was covered in sweat and looked like they could collapse at any moment.

'What are they doing?'

I moved closer to get a better look, the crunching of grass underneath my feet.

'They're.....training?'

I walked a bit closer, but suddenly there was a huge crack sound.

I looked down and saw a twig I had stepped on.

"Crap.." I mumbled.

I looked back up and saw the person staring at me.

It was a girl. She had bright blue long hair up in a ponytail, some strands hanging loose here and there. The one thing that had a burning impression were her eyes.

They glowed with guilt and pain.

I had no time to speak. I instinctively ran back towards the forest, disappearing into the shadows of the trees.

I paused by a tree to catch my breath when something moved to in front of me.

I fell back in fright.

It was the girl.

"Who are you?" She asked.

I didn't know what to say.

"Ah...um...." I tried to think of an excuse, but none came to mind.

I felt a strike of pain in my ankle.

"Ow!" I yelled out, reaching for my ankle.

The girl suddenly fell to her knees in front of me and looked at where I was reaching.

"Are you okay? Does your leg hurt?" She had a look of concern on her face.

"M-my ankle." I stuttered towards the stranger.

She reached out and moved my hands out of the way to look at my ankle.

"It doesn't look broken. Probably just a sprain from falling." She removed her hands and stood to her feet.

"I'm sorry I scared you." She said as she reached a hand out to help me up.

I took it and stood up.

"Thank you......" I said awkwardly.

We both looked around awkwardly and then met eyes.

"So...ah...Why were you concerned for me? You don't even know who I am." I asked out of curiosity.

"Well you looked hurt and I can't just do nothing." She said.

"Thank you." I replied.

"My names Lucy Heartfilia." I finally answered her question.

"I'm Levy McGarden." She responded. "So why are you here, Lucy? You don't go to this school." She asked.

"Well, you see.....I'm looking for something." I tried my hardest to not give any details away.

"What are you looking for?"

She looked at me, but her eyes started to droop closed and she began swaying back and forth.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

She looked like she was going to collapse.

'Probably from all the running.'

I grabbed both of her wrists to help her gain her balance, but she instantly ripped her arms away from me and fell backwards to the ground.

"What the he-!" I started to yell, but was cut off by what I saw.

She looked up at me in complete terror and held her wrist that the handkerchief had been on. It was now on the ground.

"Are you alright?!" I knelt down to her to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"I'M OKAY!!" She yelled and stood to her feet.

She turned and ran back towards the school, disappearing into the darkness of the trees.

I looked down to the handkerchief that was lying in the dirt, becoming an orange brown colour.

I walked over and bent down to pick it up, but as my fingertips made contact with the handkerchief, it vanished into tiny stars and blew away in the wind.

'WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KEY?!?!?!?!?!'

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I FINALLY updated! Sorry it's sooooooooo short. I'll try to make the next one longer! Please keep reading my story if you like it and also follow me and check out my other stories!

- NerdAlert111