Chapter 23: results and realisation

They came back on air and the presenter brought Lola and all her dancers out and Damian and Elena. The judges had made their decision. But the gave their opinions on each act first. Bruce looked at his watch. "Come on its nearly time..",he said to himself. Selina looked at him. "Your beginning to scare me Bruce",Selina whispered. He didn't take heed of what she had said. He had gone into batman mode. So even though he was Bruce Wayne without the cowl he was still acting like batman.
"Lola your performance was very different I loved your take on let it go. That's a hard song to sing. But I wasn't a fan of all the special effects..",a judge said.
"Lola I loved it. I love you and I love your confidence. You hit that high note perfectly!",another judge said.
"Lola honey your 14 and you acted like you were 24 on that stage! You go girl! But I must agree the special effects weren't needed.",the final judge said.
Lola stood there in disgust.
"Elena..I can't put to words what you did to me today..that piece brought me back to my childhood you are truly talented",a judge said.
"Okay Elena I wasn't expecting that. You left me gobsmacked and an emotional wreck. It was so beautiful. I haven't cried like that in years.", another judge said.
"Elena sweetheart. I loved that. You were stunning up there and Damian I can't forget you both of you just pulled it off and the ending when you were "you came" and Damian was like "ill never leave you again I promise"ugh I think I fangirled so hard right then. It was so touching I just will never forget it.",the final judge said.
Everyone clapped.
"Okay we made our decision. You both are amazing. But one of you topped it entirely."
Lola was nervous wreck.
Elena didn't care anymore she was more then happy right now.
There was silence in the concert hall.
"Congratulations Elena and Damian!"
Damian looked at Elena and she looked at him. The crowd stood up and applauded them.  Damian grabbed Elena and spun her around. Lola dropped to her knees in tears. Elena couldn't believe it. Judges came up and presented Elena and Damian with a trophy and Elena got a bouquet of flowers. They waved and thanked the audience and just Elena was about to thank Lola she saw that Lola was already gone.
Backstage Elena and Damian were congratulated hundreds of times and they finally found Bruce ,Selena ,Alfred , dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, kori and Jon and Clark Kent and Barry Allen and Diana prince. Elena got hugged by most of them but she noticed that only Bruce and Alfred and Dick hugged Damian and they were very formal hugs. Elena had no idea who Barry and Diana were but she knew about Clark and Jon Kent. Damian said that Barry and Diana were good friends of Bruce.Clark took photos of Damian and Elena and gave a quick interview with them. Diana seemed very fond of Elena. "You have a beautiful gift",Diana said smiling. "Oh thank you but I just practice a lot",Elena said blushing. "Hmm so you never gave up even when you couldn't play?",Diana asked."well yeah I guess so I don't like giving up",Elena said nervously."you have the traits of a great Amazonian warrior",Diana smiled again. Everyone froze. Clark and Bruce looked at Diana."you mean like wonder women?",Elena said her eyes lighting up. "Yes. She would welcome you and would love to know you!", Diana said happily. Before the conversation got out of hand Bruce stepped in."Elena! Why don't I take everyone here including your parents out to dinner?",Bruce said as he wanted everyone he knew out of the building. He  hesitated. "Actually Elena where are your parents?",he asked. Elena went pale. "Yes I didn't see them in the audience.?",Alfred questioned. Elena went paler. Then it hit Damian. "They didn't come did they?",Damian said realising. Elena looked down ignoring the question. "Wait you mean to tell me your parents didn't come to such an important event?",Barry said surprised. Elena avoided the question again. Bruce could see it was more then that. There was something wrong. Before he could continue on in that matter. He remembered something. He looked at his watch. He grabbed selina's hand. "We need to leave now.",Bruce said seriously. "Okay look we can talk about Elena at the restaurant but let's get going now",selina prompted everyone. Damian didn't know what was going on but he could see Bruce was flustered so he went along with it. He grabbed elenas hand and followed Bruce and selina. The Wayne's , the Kents and Diana and Barry went up through the side walk way through the audience seats. They were nearly at the exit when..bang. It was to late. They were here.