First Party

After I heard Eathan say those five words, my heart stopped. I know I hate him, or not, oh my god I wish I knew! But hearing him say that makes me feel safe, almost like I did with Lance.

"Oh, I just thought that mister jackass wouldn't care about someone like me." I say trying my hardest for him not to see me blush.

"Taylor, I want you stop saying that, okay." he says looking deeply into my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Stop saying things like someone like you Taylor, your just like anyone else here if not better." After he said that I knew I was blushing and I knew he saw it. I didn't care, what Eathan just said made up for all of the shit with Natalie.

We walk to the cafeteria and I make my way to my usual table, in the back, with whoever decides to sit there for that day , when suddenly I felt a hand on my arm pushing me back.

"Sit with me." I turn around and see that hand was Eathan's .

"Um, ok." I said quietly ,because I know the kind of people  Eathan sits with, I  wasn't very excited.

We turn around and start walking to Eathan's table, which was in the very center of the room. As we walk I looked forward, but I could feel the stares from people, probably confused why I am walking with Eathan to have lunch. When we sit down I notice that Natalie and her "friends" weren't there, but Eathan's friends were. The same friends that were in the parking lot when Eathan took me to school.

As we sit down all of Eathan's friends first looked at me, then at Eathan.

"What," I say,"Is there a problem with me sitting here?" all of them looked at me with confused looks on their faces because, Taylor Green, just looked them straight in the eye and said something.

"No," one of them said, I think his name was Drew,"It's fine." when he said this, he actually smiled, not a grin, or a glare.

"By the way I'm Drew, Eathan's best friend and it is really nice to meet you." I can't believe someone like him could be friends with these people.

"Hey,  I'm Taylor, Eathan's," I didn't know what to say, we weren't officially dating, but we did kiss!" neighbor." that was safe.

"So, there's this party tomorrow night, you guys should come." Drew says.

Parties. The one thing I hoped I never would have to go to. It's not that without Lance it isn't the same. I just never liked parties. People either got hurt, drunk, arrested. Not my kind of fun.

"Sure, Taylor you want to come?" Eathan asks. I didn't want them to think I didn't like parties, I mean, other than myself, who doesn't like parties.

"Sure." I say with a weak smile.

"Cool, parties at my place 10:00." Drew says. At that the bell rang for lunch to be over. The rest of the day wasn't too exciting.

As I walk home with Eathan, he did most of the talking. I kept thinking, the more I thought and the more he talked, the worst I felt. I decided if I was going to tell anyone, it might as well be him. He knows everything about me after all.

"Eathan, I don't want to go to the party." I blurted out  interrupting, what ever it was he was saying.

"What do you mean, Drew is awesome, the party is going to be great."He says excitedly.

"I've never really been to a party."

"Shocker!" He said sarcastically with a fake gasp.

"All anyone ever does at parties it get drunk and make out." I said.