Chapter XLIV: Something Stupid

Start from the beginning

Elina went back to L.A. and is now working for her Dad in their company. Just like Ruby, we maintained a constant communication. She always asks me about… him, which I’m getting irritated everytime but answers nonetheless since there’s not much thing to say.

Mr. Cooper is still teaching in the University. He always sends me quotes for me to muse and understand things in life. He already legalized his adoption to Kaiden. They are very much like father and son. I just hope he finds a woman for him. He’s a great guy and the woman population knows he’s hot as hell. I would have been a cupid for him and Elina but I don’t want to see the end of it.

One of the people I miss the most is the other blue-eyed guy. Rupert.

He’s been very busy lately, helping his Dad running their empire. After his last year in college, he started his intern in their own company. But just like what he said, even if he chose to be a good son rather than pursue his own dream, he still manages to play and sing in his own bar that he built. He let his friend, and now a business partner too, managed it while he’s busy in his office work.

Time and time, he would call me. He’d always ask how am I and how am I coping with his brother in the other side of the world, away from me. As I always, I would deflect the question and gives him reassuring words that I’m fine and I don’t care but I know he’s not buying it. I’m thankful he understands how I use my defense mechanisms so I can still live my life normally.

We’re closer than before. I can even say that he’s my bestfriend now. And just like Mr. Cooper, I hope he finds the right woman for him. He deserves to be happy. Everytime I think about his confession, I always feel awkward but think otherwise. He never mentioned it again after that and I’m grateful that we’re still friends. I don’t want to lose him.

Another shocking news that you would think it would be impossible even when the sun expires, but believe or not, I’m now friends with Liam and Christina. And I mean real friends.

Liam opened up to the public and now, he’s a happy, carefree gay working as a businessman for his Dad’s company. As a normal response, people were shock and a bit distant towards him but eventually they’ve accepted him for who he is. And I’m really happy for him.

And Christina, well, that’s another news. She came up to me one time inviting me for a coffee. We had an endless talk about music, fashion and Hollywood gossips. I didn’t even know until that day that we have so much in common. Now, we’re closer than ever. She’s busy roaming around the world, doing medical missions as she pursue her medicine course.

What even got me envious?

She saw him. A year ago.

It was a coincidence, as she explained. She went to Paris last year for her vacation and they accidentally bump into each other. They had a talk and also fixed their feud between them. She said he’s so much hotter now, more confident even.

I so know that. I can see it everywhere in the social media.

His beautiful face is constantly posted in the internet with his shows and exhibits. If not, his photographs were the ones reeking popularity in paper, news, magazine, TV ads and a lot more. Needless to say, he’s now one of the famous photographers in Europe.

I don’t even have to think twice about it. I knew he’d be popular. I knew he’ll make his dreams come true.

I’m the happiest person. I’m so proud of him.

But with this realization, I also knew he’s becoming more distant and apart from me. In terms of miles away and in his achievements.

I feel like I’m one of the little people, staring far away. Just loving the view even from afar.