Chapter 4

H-how is this possible?
No SpaceWing can have a white glow!

The odd dragon was slightly larger than Infinity; taller than the average SpaceWing. His dark grey scales reflected the intense light on the sunset to the left of her. He didn't have as many jet black scales scattered along his body as she did, but he did have several small ones under his eyes, branching out towards his ears. There was also a black string hanging from his neck with a some sort of silver claw resting on his chest. (Infinity guessed it was probably a Deathfang Panther claw. That jaguar is one of the few animals that have a history of managing to kill dragons.)

He must be the one starting the explosions. Then after he set fire to the town, he ran into that poor SpaceWing, starting a fight.

"W-who are you?" Infinity asked cautiously, after a few moments had passed by.

She saw him jerk forward, as if going to attack, but stop himself. He finally answered as Infinity stood frozen in place. "Go home," he said flatly. He then turned around and took off into the sky, headed West towards the sun.

"Hey, wait!" Infinity called back, scrunching her snout. She couldn't just let him get away. If he slipped away from her claws, he would just cause more trouble.

Infinity bent down to check on the wounded dragon. He was still breathing. Another dragon was running towards her and the fallen dragon. She hoped the dragon would be in good talons and be taken care of as soon as possible.

She then flew after the white glowing dragon, beating her wings fast in order to catch up with him.

She had grown up hearing the many adventures of her father. He had traveled so far and met so many different kinds of dragons. He was truly a lucky dragon. Infinity only hoped she could experience adventures like his.

There was also her mother. She was the kindest dragon she knew, and radiated a warm, loving glow. She was wise, even though she didn't know much science and had never ventured out into space before. She got her knowledge from scrolls. She always had the best advice for tricky situations. She was always there for her. Infinity wouldn't know what to do without her.

If only she had her mother's wisdom now.

Infinity had finally caught up to the odd dragon, but stayed a safe distance away from him.

"You just can't leave! Why would you just hurt other SpaceWings like that?"

He looked over at her with a confusing expression on his face. Was it surprised? Angry? Happy? Sad? She couldn't quite tell.

"You need to go back. It's not safe for you."

"What are you talking about? It's not like there's anything to be scared of out here." She saw him crack a smile, as if amused by what she said.

"That's not what I meant," he said, keeping an eye on where he was flying. "Just go back. It's getting late."

He was right. The sun was now resting on the horizon, and the stars had started to appear across the sky above them. Their glows now shone as bright as the two moons overhead.

"Why should I listen to you? I'm not scared."

She was scared. She knew what this dragon was capable of, and it wasn't good. Of course, she couldn't let him know that.

He started to glide down, and Infinity followed. They were now at the Field of Light. Infinity landed in the tall, thick grass. As her talons hit the ground, it sent hundreds of fireflies bursting all around her. It was so beautiful here. The fireflies' blue glow seemed to blend in with the starry sky.

"Why are you following me?" He asked, looking over at her through the fireflies.

"You can't just set fire to the town and get away with it! Why would you even want to hurt fellow SpaceWings?"

"I'm no SpaceWing," he said, shifting his harsh gaze upon her.

"What are you talking about? You have to be. It's not like you came from another planet."

"I am from here. You are foolish to fall for their lies," he said with a slight hiss in his voice.
Infinity scrunched her snout at him. Why was he mad? Why was this all so confusing? Her head started to hurt.

"My name is Dusk. I was named after the first bright stars that lit the sky at dusk," he said with unexpected passion.

Infinity had no clue what to say. Why would he tell her why he was named what he was named? SpaceWings didn't really go into depth into what they named their dragonets. But the strange dragon spoke as if his name were a part of himself.

"Well... my name is Infinity," she said after a long pause.

He glanced side to side quickly. "You can't tell anyone about me. You have to keep it a secret," he said with a hint of nervousness.

"Why not? Everyone needs to know what's happening and who caused it."

"I should go now," Dusk said, opening his wings. More fireflies burst from the tall grass below.

"You just can't leave. Why are you being so mysterious? You have a lot to explain."

He shifted his wings uncomfortably. "... Fine. If I meet you again, will you promise to keep this a secret?"

Infinity nodded, still trying to comprehend what she was getting into.

Maybe, if she kept this a secret for a little longer, she would find out why this was happening, then bring him to the Queen to judge him for his crimes.

Before she knew it, the mysterious dragon was flying away from the Field of Light, and into the darkness of night.