Chapter 2

The Ugly Truth

Edward

Chapter Two

The rain gently began to pelt hard enough to make me go back to school. Not to mention that it soaked my smoke way before I wanted it to. The halls were swarming with the rest of the student body as I walked the first hall to my locker looking for another quick swig of the liquor I had hidden, but my skin crawled with horrible goose bumps as I almost came around the corner to be bombarded by Jessica and her elite clan of abnormal humans. Chicks like that had their way of making my stomach churn. One word out of her mouth made me pause before turning that corner.

“Really … new girl walks in and like every guy here forgets about me? This is not going to happen on my watch.”

“Hey, did you check out her brother, though? I could so…” Lauren began, overstepping her credentials.

“Uh, Lauren, if you haven’t noticed, as long as that girl is here, you won’t be getting close to him, so we have to devise a plan to deal with her quickly before this gets out of hand.”

“Um, Jess, whatever you’re planning, I highly doubt that it’s going to work. Have you not seen how beautiful she is?” Lauren spat, again out of line.

“If I hear you say that one more time, you’re officially out of my network.” Jess muttered with a guttural tone, pointing her finger in Lauren’s chest.

“I was just saying that…” Lauren began, but was quickly shut down by

“Good morning girls. I’d like to introduce myself, I’m Bella…”

“Well, Bella, we really don’t need to introduce ourselves to … you,” Jessica interrupted with the roll of her eyes. “And furthermore, this group you see here,” pointing her finger as she twirled it around to each girl, “is only for those of us that are at the top the sexiest chain in this school and you’re not allowed, so stay away from us.”

I’d had enough of the bashing on the new girl so I turned the corner and knew what I was about to say would land me a slap in the face either by Jessica or Bella. “I’m sorry, but did I just hear you correctly, Jess? Did you say the…sexiest?”

“Yes, you know this…” she said, her stubborn side showing through instantly.

“I know that it’s unrealistically true. Your group is nothing but a pack of wolves looking to keep the real sexy women from taking you off of your precious pedestal that you don’t deserve…” I was proud of myself but I winced at which direction the slap would come from. Luckily for me neither one did the damage.

“Wait … did you just … put me down?” Jessica said with a screech.

“If the shoe fits…” I shrugged my shoulder as if I cared that I put her down.

Bella just stood there with a smirk that made my heart speed up and I had a hard time not looking at just her with Jessica’s bantering going off to my left. I wanted to see if that shoe did fit in her mouth if she didn’t stop talking. I really needed a drink quick; it was my calm before the storm, but she kept going on … and on … and on…

“This coming from a guy that can’t stop shoving needles in his arms or can’t get through one class without running to his locker for his hidden stash of alcohol … yeah we all know you have it. What are you going to do if I accidently tell the principal about that, huh? You best keep out of my business before I…” Jessica took a step back and shut up and I thought it was because of the fire she saw in my eyes, but it was because of the Hulk or … Emmett that made her squirm in fear. He stood towering over her like a bear getting ready to attack his prey and said,