nine

"Bellamy, Come in." Something said as The couple walked through a deserted corridor.

"What the fuck was that?" She asked dully.

"Yeah, I'm a little busy here, Raven."

"Oh my god, Raven." She smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm fine Avery." She could hear the smirk from the other end. "You missed check-in. Did you find the source of the acid fog yet?"

"I'm making my way there now. It's taking longer than I thought."

"I don't know enough to crack it on this end. You gotta give me something."

"I'm working on it." Bell ended and swiped the key card. The card declined. "Something is wrong."

"What?"

"The key card isn't working." Avery muttered while swiping it several times at a time.

"That's not good and stop with the beeping."

"I need to find another way in. I'll call you back." Two gueards made their way towards theair. "Avery, one o'clock." She turned. "What do we do?"

"Stay right there! Hands in the air." The Guests yelled.

"Run."

They ran through the corridor until she reached a corner. She hid behind the wall, with Bellamy next to her. As soon as she heard the radio coming from the guard, she kept out and shot both in the head.

Avery made her way to Vincent's, with Bellamy tailing behind her. "Vincent, we need your help." She announced and he let them inside the house.

"It's all over the radio. They know about you. Did anyone see you come here?" He asked and Avery shook her head and poured herself a glass of water.

"No. Been keeping to the vents and unmonitored halls, like you said."

She heard footsteps to the door and pointed a gun at the figure next to him. "Vincent."

"It's okay! Lee's with us."

"Dante was like a father to me. Some of us don't agree with Cage's agenda." Avery lowered her gun slowly.

"Where's Jasper, Monty, and Maya?"

"They're okay. Thanks to Lee, we moved them to a wing that's already been searched." She raised her glass at Lee in respect and gulped it down.

"Isn't that a risk?"

"We had no choice. They've gone public with what happened on level five. They're saying you killed ten soldiers. I don't know how much longer we can keep this shell game going. Did you take out the acid fog yet?"

"No. No. That's why we're here. I'm gonna need another route."

"Way ahead of you. You can get there through the retrofit zones. They're off limits. No cameras, no patrols. We used some to move the kids. And that's your other route." He handed Avery a torch. "You're also gonna need this. An acetylene torch. Go to the NorthWest corridor."

"Wait. This catches fire."

"Its highly unlickly that its going to be anywhere near fire." He silenced her and they walked away.

***

Bellamy set up in the room while Avery restocked her ammunition. "Come in, Raven. I made it. I hope you have a plan."

"Still working on it. Give us something to go on. What do you see?"

"A huge steel vat. Looks like a submarine. Some other tanks with chemical formulas and warning labels. Bunch of pipes running into the wall. Monitor. " she looked around and went to the monitor.