Silver Moon: Chapter 4

Silver Moon:

Chapter 4

It was hard to believe that Lía was sitting there in front of me on the couch. I hadn't seen her since I left 22 months ago only to come back a few months later to find her gone from our home and my life. Now here she was sitting on a couch in front of me with a toddler on her lap. I realized only now why I didn't recognize her the other night, Sotiris had a protective spell on her and the child which hid their scent. Now it was wearing off and their scents began to fill my nose. I did the math in my head and took in the scent of the child only to know that she was mine. A daughter I didn't know I had due to my own choices. Could I fix this? As I pondered this the past began to play out like a movie before my eyes as the silence continued on in the room.

***Memories***

I had been staying with Líadan's family for a month when finally we where able to start packing up and move into our house. In the month that I had been living with her, Líadan and I had gotten to know each other a little we where still somewhat strangers to each other though. I was out front near my Ultimate Wrangler Jeep waiting for Líadan to come out.

"Ready to go?" I asked her as she came out of the house with Sotiris right behind her.

"Yep. I'll lead and you follow, okay?" She asked. She had stopped about a foot in front of me. She looked so cute in a midnight blue tank top, black cargo pants, black high tops, blue and black jewelry, and with her long silver hair pulled back in a long loose braid. She was certainly gorgeous with just the right amount of curves to her 5'4" hour glass figure, there was something to her that went deeper then her looks and it was something I couldn't figure out.

"Alright, lead on and I'll be right behind you." I said as she smiled and turned to Sotiris, giving him a hug he whispered something to her. She jumped into her Ford Escape and I in my jeep followed her to the new place. Pulling up to the house we got out and looked at the small two story house. At least the inside was nicely furnished. Líadan went straight to the kitchen which was just off the living room to check the fridge and cabinets for food while I went upstairs to drop off some of our bags. There were two bedrooms up the stairs but only one was furnished.....I hope she doesn't snore. 'Well, better go tell Líadan the lovely news about the bedroom.' I thought heading down. I went into the kitchen and found Líadan sitting up on the counter swinging her legs as she wrote out a list. "I take the writing of the list means no food for us." I said walking over to stand next to her.

"You got it. So we'll need to shop for food. How does the upstairs look?"

"Nice. Umm...only one room is furnished. So it looks like we share a room." I sorta mumbled to her.

"Figures, wonder whose idea that one was. The minute you snore I am kicking your butt out onto the couch." She gave me a death glare. Armed with a list we headed out to buy food, shopping with Líadan was an experience and one I hope never to repeat again. That girl is nuts when she shops, she dislikes shopping so much that she practically speeds through it and never shops at a store she doesn't know. We managed to get home with everything we needed and me in one piece was a plus. Finally settled in we where sitting in the living room watching a movie when there was noise of motor vehicles pulling up the drive. I looked over at Líadan to see that she was excited and got up quickly to run outside. Shaking my head I put the movie on pause and went outside after her to see what all the commotion was about. Outside I found Sotiris getting off a motorcycle and Clídna getting out of a Ford Focus. Líadan was all smiles as she walked over to the beautiful dark blue Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 cc street bike.

"I told you I would bring your baby to you." Sotiris chuckled as he looked at her. Líadan quickly gave him a huge hug and then held her hand out to Sotiris for the keys which he dropped into her open hand.

"Thank you!" She said giving him another hug and then turned to me. I was confused and it showed cause she laughed at me. "Alex meet my baby." She said happily as she pointed to the bike. I shot a "Is she serious?" look to Sotiris who just nodded is head. Damn! This girl was full of surprises, first some tattoos and now she has a bike. 'Memo to self, call Akakios and have him bring down my Yamaha YZF-R6' I thought to myself as I watched Líadan do a once over her Hayabusa before taking it to the garage.

It had been a few days since we moved in and I soon found out that my bride-to-be talks in her sleep. Which is really interesting to listen to by the way. I was only kicked out onto the couch once and it wasn't cause I snore....I made the mistake of commenting to her about her sleep talking habit. Yeah, I'll never did that one again. I was siting on the couch waiting for Akakios to deliver my bike. Today was the perfect day to have my bike it was nice out and Líadan was out with my mother concerning some wedding details. I soon heard the roar of my bike and that of a truck pulling into the drive. Walking outside I greeted my twin brother and saw that Nanaea (his girlfriend) was waiting in the truck she smiled and waved at me, I waved to her as I walked over to my brother.

"Thanks for bringing it by, Akakios." I said as he handed me the keys.

"No problem. I'll call you later." He said heading back towards the truck.

"Alright, see you." I said with a wave and moved into the house to get my black leather riding jacket. No, I didn't have a helmet I was immortal and that kinda meant I was indestructible unless killed by another immortal. I got back about 30 minutes later from my ride and found Líadan was at home and in the garage working on her bike. "How did it go with my mother today, Lía?" I asked parking my bike in the garage. She looked up at me then over at my bike then turned back to her work.

"Alright, I guess. Don't take this the wrong way but I really dislike your mother." She said in her sweet melody like voice. I chuckled at her comment and I completely understood it.

"What did she do now?" I asked her calmly. She looked up at me and I grinned at her. "Many people dislike my mother. I can understand completely she is a bit of a handful. Now what did she do?"

"Just being pushy. She didn't like the menu I chose and I didn't like the one she chose. So I got Banshee on her and screamed that is was my wedding and my menu. I ordered and walked out to head home." She said as she stood up. Yep, sounded like my mother. I reach for her white and black leather jacket and threw it at her.

"Put it on and lets go for a ride." She gave me a weird look but put on her jacket and reach in her pocket for her keys. We started up the bikes and headed out as she followed behind me. We rode for about an hour just riding, I knew it would help take her mind off my mother and relax her.

***Memory End***

Those where the days when we got along and enjoy such times together. I missed that and knew it was my own fault for leaving.

"What are you two doing here?" Lía asked the two of us. The first to break the silence that had filled the room for so long. 'What was I doing here? How was I going to change this?' I thought to myself looking for an answer to give my Lía.