Chapter Fourteen

Assalamualaikum.

Shehryaar's pic up there.

Hope you'll enjoy reading.

Asra's P.O.V

It has been three months since the wedding. Right now I'm at my in law's house. Asad and I moved to a house two months ago but I came back here a month ago because Dad had a heart attack.

"Bhabhi, Ma wanted to know whether bhai called you or not." Maisarah asked coming into my room or Asad's room.

"Hmmm. No. How is Dad right now?" I asked adjusting my hijab.

"He ate his dinner just now. Let's go for dinner. Asif and Ma are waiting for us." She walked out of the room.

We went downstairs and started to eat. Asif and Ma was sitting in front Maisarah and me.

"Ma, I have some work tonight. So, I'll head out after dinner." I said without looking at her afraid that she'll not let me go.

"It's okay. You can go. Is Asad picking you up." She asked hopefully.

"No. I'll just go by myself and there are my friends too. Don't worry." I tried to comfort her.

It has been a month since we saw Asad. Whenever I call he just doesn't pick up my call. Only sometimes he picks up his mother's call. Ma is worried to sick as to what he's doing and where he is.

"Then, let Asif drop you." She tried again.

"It's okay, Ma. I'll just go by myself. You'll need Asif here. I'll be back before dawn." I said bringing my plate to the kitchen.

"I'm going Ma. Bye Asif and Maisarah. Tell dad too." I rushed out of the house.

In this two months I've become very close to both Asif and Maisarah. Ma and dad too take care of me like I'm their own daughter.

So enough with my story. Let's get back into the work.

"Sid, where are you?" I called him as he said that he'll pick me up.

"I'm near the house?" He said like a question.

"Aarrgghh. Just flicker the headlight." I said irritated with him.

"Ooookay." He said dragging it.

I saw lights flickering behind Asif's car opposite our house. I sprinted into his car.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked as he was not wearing our formal clothe.

"What? I'll just change at the quarters. How is your life?" He said cooly.

"Let's not talk about that. Let's go. It has been two months since you talked this project about your friend. What's the catch?"

"It has double advantage for us. First is we can help my friend's friend and the second one is his targeted by Argus." He said speeding up the car.

"That's good. Who else going now?"

"Me, you, Rayyan, Amy, Gabrielle, Zack and Aman."

"It means that all of us right?"