Chapter 44

Austins POV

I ended the call and stood there.

"Babe?!" I hear Alex scream behind me. I turn around and look at him on the hospital bed.

"I don't know! It slipped out" I confessed.

"You called your ex "babe" He stared at me. I walked over to him.

"I don't know Alex! I'm so used to calling her babe. I don't know what's wrong with me." I sat on the chair that was next to Alex's bed. Alex's leg was in a cast hanging from ceiling.

He looked down at me and said "You still like her."

When he said that I jumped out of the chair.

"No I don't!" I walked away from him.

"Its true." Sara walked out of the bathroom door.

"What is?" I turned to her.

"That you still like her." She went over to the chair I was sitting at and she sat down.

"I don't like her." I leaned on the wall with one hand and looked down.

"Then why are you red?" I hear Alex say. I turned around and faced them.

"I am not red." Sara looked at me and smiled.

"You are red." She said. I ran to the bathroom and turned on the lights. I looked in the mirror and I saw my face. I was red. The only time I turn red is when I'm lying.

I turned on the faucet and splashed water on my face. I took the towel and wiped my face. I looked up at the mirror and I'm still red.

Ahhhh .. I opened he bathroom door and walked out.

"We all know that when you turn red, you're lying..." He said. I walked over to the mini couch and flopped on it.

"And you are red, Austin." Alex and Sara laughed.

"Did you guys know that the hot chocolate over here is free?" Robert and Zach walked in the room. Robert stared straight at me and Zach sat on a chair that was nearby.

Robert points at me and says "Stop lying and tell the truth, Austin..." He smiles and continues.

"We've known for a long time. We ALL know when you turn red, you're lying." He held the hot chocolate in his hand.