sixteen

Harry stays close to Katerina for three days. He doesn't trust Alistair's word anymore and he doesn't want to leave her exposed. She still hasn't given him her answer and he feels like he's going to explode as the time continues to rush by like marathon runners during their final leg of the race.

Everyone's watching him and he wants to scream and rip things apart. He hates being watched and he hates when he's forced into actions he doesn't want to follow through with.

Katerina's just gotten out of the shower and she nearly screams when she walks into her bedroom to find him sitting on her bed and pulling at his lips.

"Jesus, Harry! You couldn't have told me you were here? Or made some sort of noise?"

Harry looks up and offers her a soft smile that comes off as forced, "Sorry, I forgot. You look nice."

Katerina laughs and walks across the room to dig through her drawers for something to wear. "I just got out of the shower."

She's trying to put herself in a better mood with laughter, but it doesn't really help and it just pisses Harry off. He's across the room and pinning her against her dresser in two seconds flat.

"Do you not understand how serious this is?"

She stops breathing as his emerald eyes search hers with an intensity that increases her heartbeat. Of course she knows how serious it is, she hasn't been able to get to sleep on her own for three days and the only reason she has gone to sleep is because she took cold medicine to make herself sleepy.

Death isn't something that she planned to think about for a long time and it's all she's been thinking about for the last three days. Would they make him kill her slowly, or would they allow him to kill her quickly and with as little pain as possible? Would he even want to spare her any pain? They're sort of lovers, but does that translate to any feelings other than physical needs?

It's taking her too long to answer and his hands move from the dresser to her wrists. His grip is far too tight and it feels like her wrists are pinned under a slab of concrete and the sudden pain prompts her to cry out in pain.

Harry's eyes soften and his grip decreases almost entirely, "Kat..."

There are tears in her eyes and she's breathing heavily as she shakes her head, "I don't wanna die, Harry."

He drops her wrists entirely and places his hands on her cheeks instead. A moment passes before his lips are pressed against hers and he's purposely passing everything he feels to her. All of the fear, lust, and love is passed to her and her head is spinning in an entirely different manner than it usually does when he kisses her like this.

Harry wants her to know that she matters to him, that he doesn't want her to die either and that he loves her despite their strange relationship. He wants her to know that he never wanted this to happen and that he'll make sure she doesn't feel a thing if she chooses death over an eternity of self-loathing.

Katerina practically melts under his touch and the already loose towel falls to the floor. She's overwhelmed with feelings and sex sounds like a great way to vent without harming anything and Harry seems to agree.

His hands find her hips and pull her closer as their kisses start to intensify and her heartbeat sounds loudly in his ears. Three days have passed since he's last fed and the pulse in her carotid artery is beyond tempting as he removes his lips from hers and presses scattered kisses on her neck and shoulders.

Even in her hazy state, she knows what he's doing and what's going to happen. There's a split moment where everything stops and Harry creates some distance between them. He's standing in the center of the room with his eyes closed, chest rising and falling quickly as he catches the breath that he doesn't need.