𝟕 | 𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩

When Iruka-sensei said he'd work me just as hard as the others, he really did mean it

When Iruka-sensei said he'd work me just as hard as the others, he really did mean it. Physical training hadn't been so bad; while my main focus wasn't going to be Taijutsu, he still wanted me to show him my capabilities. I'd hurt him, too.

Iruka-sensei had me run two times around the entire village, and I'm no stranger to obstacle courses or running like this, either, since they had been the first things on Makara-sensei's regimen, and Iruka-sensei made me do one of those, too, in a room in the Academy larger than our cabin, but I still quickly tired from it. I think it was because of the clothing I'd been wearing; it's not exactly ideal for the climate here in the Land of Fire. It's hot!

I'd also have to do a set of one hundred push-ups, then sit-ups, and chin-ups, and sixteen hours later, my limbs have become immovable. I one hundred percent blame Iruka-sensei for it, not to mention, I didn't even get a single break when I did them! He'd even attached fifteen-pound weights to my arms and legs, so it was even more difficult for me!

Then I had to start practicing with kunai and shuriken and senbon—I can't even count how many cuts on my hands, arms and legs I have from those little weapons he had me use. Does he think I have a death wish?! Honestly! Not even Makara-sensei trusted me with sharp objects. And then he tells me to get some of my own? Jeez!

I don't think I've ever been so anguished in my entire life. Not even Makara-sensei worked me this bad. I'm just grateful that I could come back to my new home and sleep the pain away. Of course, as I'd mentioned, I'm aching all over, and the cuts just add insult to injury. Yet still, this wasn't the worst part.

The mental training had been even worse. I'd never had to take in so much information before that I'd become so mentally drained by the time I'd finally be able to leave. All this stuff about chakra, and all the different kinds of Jutsu, and the hand signs, not to mention how I had to start practicing how to actually use the stuff... He'd said that my next Sensei would teach me about things more.

That was another thing Iruka-sensei told me about. When a Shinobi graduates from the Academy, they are put into a team with two other Genin under a Jōnin, who is their new Sensei. Because I came well past the new "curriculum year", he would have to put my name down in their system so I could be properly placed on a team, and that because the number of potential Genin had become odd-numbered with my arrival, one team would have four members.

I wonder what team I'll be placed on...

My thoughts are almost immediately driven away as an extremely painful throb ripples through my lift calf. I bolt upright on the couch and hold it up in the air. I learned a long time ago that one of the best ways to get rid of calf spasms is to hold them where the blood can't flow, so if you did this, the pain will numb and go away faster. Makara-sensei was a genius when it came to home remedies, and this is just one of the hundreds she had.