22 | Trust Me

Chapter Twenty-Two

Joel's POV

Monday rolls around and school starts up again. I slide into my parking space and Yoandri slips in next to me, looking at me as he does so. I sigh, knowing that the conversation we were to have was not about to be pleasant.

As soon as I get out he says, "Are you serious? You couldn't keep your dick in your pants long enough?" I roll my eyes, "It was a kiss stop making it sound like it was more than that."

He scoffs, "Bro, please. You had one job. There's no way she'll ever trust you the same." I shut my car door and swing my backpack over my shoulder. "I don't recall asking you for your opinion," I reply.

Before he can respond I slide my shades onto my face and walk into school, my blood now hot and my attitude on the bad side.

"Hey, what's up?" Blu comes up to me. I give her a small smile and she walks step in step with me. "My morning is going great thanks for asking, I've just been going with the breeze. Kinda like you," she says.

I make it to my locker and respond to her commentary, "That's nice." She frowns at my response and leans against the locker next to mine. "Are you okay?" she asks gently.

My eyes glance over to her concerned ones and I see the worry on her face. She bites her lip and tilts her head, waiting for a response. I clear my throat and grab my period one text book before shutting my locker. "Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking," I say.

"About what?"

"Do you trust me?" the question blurts out from my mouth unexpectedly.

Her eyes widen at the suddenness of the inquiry and I exhale, rubbing my neck as I realize that sounded slightly intrusive. "Yeah, I mean I guess," she shrugs.

My throat goes dry, "But like with your heart."

She sucks in a breath and I raise my hand to her cheek, tugging on her bottom lip with my thumb. "Do you?" I whisper.

Blu's eyes look up to mine before she presses a gentle kiss to my palm and leans towards my touch, "Yeah." She smiles at me and my body turns warm at the sight.

I take a step forward and place a kiss on her cheek before the bell rings and watch as her fingers come to meet the place where my mouth came in contact with her skin.

"Talk later?" I breathe out as I lick my lips. Blu nods and gives me a toothy smile before turning on her heel and walking to her classroom.

***

By the time I get home I'm tired, and slightly cranky. I drop my backpack on top of my bed, run a hand through my hair, and kick of my shoes. "Ugh," I groan as my body hits the mattress.

Just as I get comfy and begin to plan out the rest of my day, the doorbell rings downstairs. I grab my phone before going to open the door, running down the stairs to avoid an angry visitor.

"Yes—what're you doing here?" an irked tone takes place of my happy greeting. 

"Why did you kiss her cheek? Who told you that way okay?" Yoandri barges into my home. I roll my eyes and close the front door before walking to the kitchen. 

"You're acting as if it's forbidden to give her affection. We are both her suitors, she's just figuring out which one she wants; There's nothing against kissing cheeks," I argue back.

Yoandri huffs and plops down onto a seat near the island, looking at me with an almost bored expression. Suddenly a devious smirk slides into his face and I clench my jaw at his next words.

"Have you ever made out with her?"

I swallow knowing exactly what he was trying to do, "No."

He chuckles and slips off his chair, walking around to stand in front of my body before continuing his thought.

"Her lips on your neck, marking you as hers. When she sighs your name in her ear and runs her fingers through your hair."

Yoandri laughs darkly as he notes the notable difference in my demeanor. I look at him and glare, wishing he was just gone.

His smirk drops.

"Stay away from her. She doesn't need you. She doesn't appreciate you. So just stop trying."

________________________________

a/n

i'm tiredt. a g a i n.