Chapter 5

ANDY'S POV

............................

I still know nothing about what they did with Krisy, but at the moment I'm trapped with a little girl named DeeDee. She had been taken from an orphanage two days ago. She's only 6 or 7 and is terrified me. She thinks I'm part of the group that took her away.

I lean towards the little girl. "Hey DeeDee, I PROMISE that I'm not a bad guy. How can I prove it to you?"

The little big blue eyed girl turns around and looks at me. "Well all the bad guys have snakes on their arms. Do you have a snake on your arm?" She asks softly, her voice floating like a cloud through the dark room.

"No. Here look for yourself."

DeeDee moves closer to me so she can look at my arm. "See? Nothin."

When she doesn't see any snake she moves even closer and lays her head delicately on my chest. She's asleep within five minutes. After she falls asleep I really can't move or do anything without the risk of waking her so I decide to fall asleep myself.

I have a dreamless sleep and wake up groggily a few hours later. Something had to of waken me, otherwise I'd still be sleeping. I get up and look around. There seems to be nothin wrong so I sit back down on the ground.

Wait. Where's DeeDee? She was sleeping on my chest. Where is she?! That poor, sweet little girl. What have they done to her?!

I get up and move swiftly to the door. Within three long strides I'm there banging on the door.

A man comes to the door. He has short brown hair and a little stubble on his rough chin. He looks kinda familiar, like I've seen him when I was younger or something. "Yes?" He says impatiently.

"Where's the little girl who was here a few hours ago?! And where's Kristy, the other teenage girl?!" I demand.

"Classified information. But I also have a message for you, the boss would like to see you now."

"Whatever let's just get this over with." I start to move towards the man but he stops me.

"You have to be...unconscious for the transfer. Due to security purposes. We believe it is kind to give the victims a choice. So what'll it be, knock out gas or knock out shot?"

"Oh how sweet," I say sarcastically, " you give me a choice. What if I choose none of the above. Huh?"

"Then I'll choose for you."

"Let's see...hmmm. Such a hard decision...let's go with gas." I answer sarcastically. I've never been knocked out with gas before. I wanna find out what it feels like.

The man leaves and metal walls come down around me. I start to panic a little, but I convince myself it'll all be over soon.

Then this light blue mist starts oozing through holes on the metal walls. I start to get light headed and feel myself falling. I hit the ground with a soft thud. I'm hanging on the edge of consciousness. The last sight I see before succumbing to the inevitable darkness, is the cool mist washing over my body like a tilde wave.