Chapter 2

I wake up and look at my clock. 5 pm. This doesn't shock me. 

Ever since I moved into this apartment my routine has been pretty fucked up. I no longer have my dad to yell at me to get up or make me lunch or make me get out of the house. I find myself having little to no motivation to do anything. I usually spend most of my time napping or watching tv or doing anything but going out. I barely even audition for roles anymore.

At this point, I've been rejected so many times that I've just given up. I don't see a point in me auditioning for a role if I know I'm not going to get it. I guess I've given up on being an actor. The only money I make is from my few shifts at the coffee shop around the corner. If it wasn't for my dad's financial support, I would be broke and living on the streets with no chance at a future.

My stomach growls so I get up to make myself a couple pop-tarts. As I'm sitting on the barstool at the counter, waiting for the toaster to beep, I remember the humiliation I had lived a few hours prior. 

I can't believe I let her slip through my hands. 

I start to think about her some more. It's odd. I've never felt such strong feelings for a stranger before. It's almost as if someone up there is telling me that i need to be with this girl. It's only been a few hours, but I already miss her dark eyes glaring into mine, the softness of her hand, and the sexiness of her voice. You're such an idiot Elise.

I'm too busy thinking about her and don't notice that my pop-tarts are beginning to burn. I quickly get up and grab them, burning myself in the process. Way to go. I check my emails while eating my crispy snack. Great. I have to work tomorrow from 4-7. What awful hours. I much rather curl up in a blanket and watch some cheesy movie I've seen a thousand times already. 

I decide that I should get out of the house before I start to lose my sanity. I'm still in the clothes I was wearing this morning. I quickly wash my face, put on some boots, grab my umbrella and wallet, and head out the door. Where to?

It's raining lightly. Maybe I could walk around a little bit, discover the area like I said I would before. I start by walking towards what I think is the north. There isn't much around here except apartments and a few small houses. After a long stretch of residences, I finally hit a smaller street filled with cool little shops. How have I never seen these before?

There's everything here. A small market place, a few urban clothing shops, and a small little hipster cafe. What first catches my attention is the small art supply store on the corner. It makes me think of a few years ago when I went through an artist phase. I decide to take a look.

I walk into the shop and am instantly greeted by a cute little old lady at the front. She asks me what I'm looking for, and I tell her I'm just looking around. Maybe I could buy something? 

I figure, if I'm staying at home all the time doing nothing, I may as well buy a sketchpad and some pencils to at least stimulate my brain. I grab the cheapest paper, and some low end pencils, and proceed to make my way to the cash. 

"You're not going to get very far with this," the old lady says. I explain to her that I will probably lose interest in a few days and do not want to spend lots of money on something I will only use once. She nods and gives me my change. 

I head out the door, coins and bag of supplies in one hand, umbrella and wallet in the other. I try to put the money in my wallet, but all but a dime fall to the ground. Just my luck. I bend down to pick up the coins off the soaked, dirty ground, and see another hand, grabbing my money. 

"Oh, uh thank yo-" I look up. My eyes meet hers. This is the luckiest day of my life.

"Hi Elise," she says, keeping her piercing eyes locked onto mine. She puts my money in my wallet, and helps me up. Her hand is softer than I remember it. "Funny seeing you twice in one day."