Chapter Fourteen

As soon as you got back in the car with a ridiculous amount of coffee cups, Spencer's phone rang. You looked at him intensely as he answered it.

"Reid. Hey Hotch. What? Are you sure? Ok. Ok. We are on our way."

The phone call began and ended in less than a minute, Reid already turning the key in the ignition and reversing out of the parking space. As he drove, he spoke quickly to you.

"They found someone who matches the profile of the unsub, and his activity is going viral online. There's supposed to be a huge online trafficking sale happening in 30 minutes. It could be our key to finding him."

You nodded, continuing to nod until Reid looked at you for confirmation that you were processing the information.

When you arrived at the police station, you and Spencer each grabbed a few cups of coffee and rushed inside to the rest of the team. They looked glad to see you and Reid, and you received a round of quick thank you's as you passed out the coffee. Everyone was gathered around a computer, watching as a chat room that Garcia hacked into filled up with text. You wanted to throw up. How had you spent a year of your life undercover and yet this was still happening? You felt like you couldn't breathe in all the way, and kept looking from the computer screen to the agents and back again.

What happened next was all a blur. The sale went live, Garcia hacked furiously, and she identified his location. Before you knew it, everyone was jumping into one of the SUVs and before you could even buckle in the car was speeding off. Morgan was driving, Reid was in the passenger seat and you were in the back. You tried to slow your breathing as Morgan drove faster and faster, rapidly approaching your destination.

When you were only a minute out, you began adjusting your vest. You had a horrible, sinking feeling in your stomach. You just wanted to get this over with, to arrest this sick son of a bitch.

Screeching into the parking lot of a warehouse, you unbuckled your seatbelt and jumped out of the car as it slammed to a halt. You could feel Derek and Spencer looking at you as you drew your gun and ran towards the warehouse. The others were close behind, and soon everyone was out and preparing to infiltrate the building.

At the entrance to the warehouse, you waited for Derek and Spencer to catch up with you, motioning for Spencer to open the door as you scanned inside, gun cocked and flashlight lit. Everything inside was dark, but you heard a faint whirring sound coming from the heart of the building and forged ahead, the rest of the team approaching from the back.

Suddenly, you heard a loud sound coming from a room to the right of you. Without hesitation, you ducked into the hallway. Morgan continued straight and Reid checked the left side of the hall. A door to a room was open and you went inside. You were always fearless at times like this. The part of you that screamed to stay out of danger dissociated from your mind and you understood what you had to do. So... you did it. When you stepped into the room, you knew something wasn't right. As you swept your flashlight's beam around the room, the door you had just walked through slammed shut.

Fuck.

"Well. Nice to finally meet you, Agent." You heard a deep male voice say with malice directly behind you. Before you could scream, his hand was over your mouth. You instinctively threw your elbow backwards into his stomach, loosening his grip on your face. Only a muffled yelp could escape between his fingers and you felt helpless because you couldn't orient your body to face him.

Then you felt it. The cold, hard, unmistakable metal of a gun pressed into your lower back.

"How about you drop your weapon, babe?" The voice spoke again, dripping with ill intention.

You could feel your knuckles going white as you gripped the gun hard in retaliation to his words. The pressure of the gun grew and you could feel it bruising your skin.

"Now. Don't make me say it again."

You dropped your gun, fighting to remain calm. Here he was, the man you had worked so hard to find for a year and you were at his mercy. How did you get to this place? Rage welled up inside you and you stiffened like a wooden board against his grip.

"Don't say anything. Be a good girl or I'll kill you. Got it?"

The hand covering your face moved to your shoulder with a vise like grip. He pushed you hard, almost dislocating your shoulder.

Please. You thought. Please tell me someone saw me go into this room.

Then you heard Spencer's voice. "Where is Agent (Y/L/N)?"

Morgan's voice was so distant it pained you. "Reid? Hey... we got the laptop this guy was using. Where are you?"

You couldn't focus on their conversation any longer as the man behind you shoved you so hard you almost fell over. Before you could walk any further, he pushed you down hard into a chair.

"Sit, lovely. Let's talk."

You focused on your breathing.

Ok. Don't be dumb. Think. Everything you say needs to be intentional. Don't be dumb. Breathe.

The unsub sat down in front of you and you looked directly into his eyes.

"So, this is the infiltrating bitch? I knew there was a leak somewhere. Such a shame it had to be such a pretty leak." He smirked at you.

You looked back, your expression deadpanning. He wasn't happy with your reaction, and you became hyper aware of the way he held the gun in his lap, pointing it directly at your internal organs.

"All that talking you did to the FBI and you can't even say a word to me?"

"What do you want me to say? You know I won't apologize. You know you are caught. It's over. Your ring is being shut down right now. Don't make this harder than it has to be."

He spit on the floor before laughing cynically.

"You're right, it is over. So why not have some fun?"

You scrambled for the right words. What do I say to make him stop? How can I prove to him that letting me go is in his best interest? 

***

Here's a long update for your Friday :)