Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Vic's POV)

"Finally." I hadn't realized I said it aloud until I turned to the dinner table to see the boys staring at me. Actually, Rick was glaring at me more than staring. I swiftly ignored him, though, as I walked away from the calender to the table.

It was finally Friday. I hadn't realized how much I was looking forward to this 'date' with Anthony until now. There were so many things wrong with this. Not only did we not know each other, but he was also a client and filthy stinking rich. He had to be an actor, or something.

I plopped down and started eating breakfast, trying to keep my mind off it.

"Why's it so good that it's Friday?" Danny asked obliviously. Poor Danny was so clueless. No wonder Blake liked him. It was cute, but so easy to exploit. I gave him a calm smile and went to answer for him, but Devin grinned.

"You got a date, don't you?" He asked. I swallowed, forcing the blush that was rising to my face back down as I set my fork down to shrug lightly.

"It's not a date. Just meeting with a client about something." I answered casually. Devin hummed in disagreement, still grinning as he ate his eggs. I was beginning to wonder if Rick was training him in the art of evilness. He was just getting worse and worse, teasing not just me, but pretty much everyone else and his wicked smile was becoming more and more addictive.

There was something about the Carter family that was so hard to ignore.

Which brought my thoughts to the one person I was trying to forget.

Ace Carter.

My chest tightened just thinking about him and the night we spent together during a snow storm with Rex hovering nearby the entire time. After all the talking and thinking, Ace finally seemed to accept things the way they were. He'd even told me over the phone that he planned to have the boys move back in with them until they found their apartments, or wherever they planned to live. He was also so excited about being back together with Cherri, but he never went into depth about it.

Not after he learned my feelings for him. He was cautious about how much he confessed his love for Cherri. In fact, he avoided the subject whenever we spoke. It was mostly business, work, friends, up coming events. Nothing about love or lust. And nothing about the hug he gave me before he left my house that day after the storm.

It just made me ache for him even more.

The way he practically engulfed me against him was probably the greatest feeling in the world. I had never had someone react that way when I confessed to them. The last two guys just stared at me as if I was some kind of creature that wasn't discovered yet. Of course, the second rejection was so much harsher than the first. Or so I thought... Now I was wondering if Ace's hurt more.

Especially since I couldn't forget him. He was everywhere. It was like God wanted me to face the fact that I would just stay single forever.

Don't be like that, a voice in the back of my head chided, you shouldn't get down. Besides, what about Anthony? What's not to like about him?

It was very true. Anthony was sweet when we first met. He wasn't shy at all and I admired that about him. He even tolerated Rick being obnoxious and that was very hard to get used to. And his dimples. Why'd he have to have those dimples?

I sighed wistfully and finished my breakfast. I moved like a robot for the rest of the morning as I washed the dishes and cooked up something for lunch for the boys before I headed to Cherri's. She had called the day before asking if I could come help her rearrange her living room for the book club she had with all her girlfriends.