It was Rose the one who was descending the stairs quickly with Hudson and Jade a few steps behind her. Without saying a word and completely indifferent for rest of the highly-ranked group, she placed her lean arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. All that mattered was him, his safety, and he was back to her. Alexander, still shocked, simply touched the small of her back and inhaled her warm scent. Finally, he cupped her face with his long fingers to face her worried eyes. 

"I'm good," he whispered to her ear and smiled reassuringly. "Go to my office, and I'll be there in less than ten minutes."

After a while, when he entered her private chambers, he found the princess standing in the middle of the living room. She was pale, and her big eyes were dejected. The tension was mostly evident in her body, as she was tapping impatiently her foot on the floor and  was biting her lip, still in agony.

"Hey," he muttered quietly with his hands in his pockets. "What a night!"

 "I was so worried," she muttered with her head cocked to the side, and her eyes immediately became  watery. 

"No, babe. Don't be. I'm fine." The prince caught himself to be nervous. In front of her, the words were inadequate. He wanted to reassure her, to solace her worried heart. In fact, he had never seen a person so worried about him.

"You know," he continued after a while, without making any move to approach her. His lips twitched into a nostalgic smile. "Those moments, I was thinking that, if I couldn't make it, the thing that I would miss most is your eyes."

"Stop," she almost shouted, but he kept on talking with the same seductive tone. "Don't talk like that."

 "I simply don't want to lose you. I'm so attached to you, Roselyn. You are my silver lining."

In two steps she was close to him, and then, on him and you couldn't realize who the one is and who the other. She started kissing him ardently, biting his lower lip. Her hands were exploring his muscular chest and arms. She pushed him so he sat on the couch, quite surprised by her reaction. She immediately straddled him, and his hands started caressing the outer part of her thighs while her lips were now on his neck forcing him to a hoarse guttural sound. Roselyn pulled her hair to the one side, revealing her neck and collarbone. She started unbuttoning his linen shirt, causing him to grab the hem of her shirt, too, without thinking if he had gone too far. With a quick move, he pulled it off and stripped her from her top.

"Oh," he exclaimed spontaneously amazed, as he glared at her half-naked body and especially at her breasts.

"Touch me," she pleaded, giving permission to his experienced hands which started touching the slender shoulders. Her skin was so soft and flawless. He slowly moved lower, to her breasts touching the fabric of her undergarment with slow round movements . They fit his palm perfectly. He disjoined his back from the couch, clearly aroused, and started kissing her neck. Her flesh was so warm and provocative, that he was unable to stop. He lifted his bearded chin to kiss her left shoulder, simultaneously lowering the strap of her bra with his index finger.

"Your Highness," Hudson's voice made them freeze. Their assistant entered the office after knocking repeatedly, but they were so concentrated on each other that they didn't hear him. Once his presence became noticed, Alexander covered his partner with her blouse and helped her sit properly on his lap.

"Um," the assistant mumbled embarrassed, as the prince was scowling, and Roselyn became scarlet. "My apologies, my lady, my lord. Sir, the men downstairs asked for you immediately. There are three more attacks in governmental offices. We consider transferring you in a safe location."

Alexander, unsettled and confused nodded, and Hudson left the room, giving them some privacy.

"I'm sorry, babe, I have to go," he finally uttered and placed a soft peck on her forehead, as she was wearing her blouse properly, clearly frustrated and upset. "It's been a long day. Get some proper rest and I will inform you as soon as I have news."