Untitled*

Alright, so here's the first of the 'Unfinished Stories'... I kinda had writer's block for this one, and didnt know how to continue... So, anyways... enjoy, and please comment! :)

**********************************************************

I hated days like this. The one where everyone was so damned excited over the upcoming dance. It drove me crazy, especially me, because I for one hated dancing; but two because no one ever asked me to dance, nor did I ever get the dance with the guy I liked. I understand this is partly my own fault because I'm too chicken to go ask myself, but as much as I hated to admit this, I know he would say yes.

As I walked into our immense gymnasium, I couldn't help but keep my eyes on him. He was perfect, what can I say? He was tall, athletic-muscular, not the gross, overly muscular type. He had deep chocolate brown eyes, and soft golden brown hair. Perfect combination to make him the most wanted guy in school. Of course.

He was dancing with Danica when we walked in; me and Ashlyn. She had her overly-thin arms woven around his neck while his gracefully snaked around her waist. God, did I wish that was me.

Breaking out of my trance, someone was snapping their fingers in face to grab my occupied attention.

I looked over at Ashlyn, smiled, and said in a casual tone, "What?"

She made a face. "You know what," she explained, "you were staring at him again."

I smirked, looking at my feet. "No I wasn't," I lied.

"You know how I can tell? Your face gets all red from jealousy and your eyes glaze over."

I just laughed. "So not true. And don't I always see you doing that when you're around Justin?"

"That's different. We're dating." All of a sudden, she smiled at me.

"What?" I repeated.

She nudged my shoulder, "Go ask him to dance"

"NO! Are you kidding me? I can't do that!"

"And why not?" She chuckled, knowing she was right.

"Because..." I didn't finish, knowing I had no real answer. I was just too scared of being rejected.

______________________________________________________________

Please comment!

© Amanda Macdonald