Chapter 1 - The mysterious neighbor

In a cloudy afternoon, on Roanoke island, at the late 1500s. In what is now north Carolina. The peaceful colony was in happy spirits until...something dreadful happened.
It all started when a man named Rhode White left to England to get some fresh supplies. He left his wife and his infant daughter. But the colony has a mysterious neighbor that hardly came out and was pale as a ghost in the dark night. When Rhode White left that was when the mysterious neighbor got out of his house.

Their were whispers of the colonists around the topic of "Mr. Charlingston" and the rumors that clouded him from the actual truth itself... "Mr. Charlingston just came out! What a rare sight to see!, " said Anne. "Shhh! He might hear us!," replied Evaline harshly.

Mr. Charlingston of course heard them, but said nothing. Instead he smirked a devilish grin which shut the narks up. He then walked up to the dock and got fresh supplies to eat. He then hurriedly walked back to his house. He let go a breath he didn't know he was holding and winced with the rude comments coming from the other colonists. "I'll let these low lives tarnish my name all they want... After all, it all would stop soon, " whispered Mr. Charlingston.