Chapter 1

Zan's heart raced as he sat in the doctors office by himself, twiddling his thumbs together. Ever since they got married, Zan and Averick were trying to have kids on their own. So far though, their attempts have been failures. Averick would have been with Zan during these appointments to see if he was pregnant or not, but he was called on an emergency meeting with a couple of the other races a couple of states over to talk about the upcoming treaty. Staring at the floor, their daughter Rhaelan walked in, now a proud age of 15.

"Have you gotten the results yet mom?" She asked as she sat next to her mother who just sighed and shook his head. Zan let out a sigh, his heart tightening in his chest. He didnt know what to do. What if he couldn't get pregnant?

"I don't think Ill ever be able to have any more children..." Zan said softly and Rhaelan wrapped her arms around her mother, hugging him close. He had been getting more and more emotional each time they come and find out that hes still not pregnant.

"Mom, you just have to be patient. It'll happen soon." Rhaelan said softly as she held her mother closer. He may be taller than her, but she made it work as she tried to comfort him.

The doctor walked in with a clip board, a stoic expression on his face as he stood in front of them.

"Luna, I have some news." He said, looking serious as Zan straightened up, tears still falling down his face. Closing his eyes, he waited for the same news they have been getting for years.

The doctors stoic expression broke as he smiled broadly and chuckled. "You're pregnant." He said, showing him the lab results of the pregnancy test. Zans eyes widened as he snatched the clip board from him, looking down at the sheet. His heart raced in his chest as he started to cry tears of joy.

Rhaelan hugged Zan tightly while screeching into his ear in happiness, but that didn't bother him.

He was pregnant. After all this time of trying. He was finally pregnant!

"I'm gonna call dad and tell him-" Zan snatched the phone from Rhaelan before she could even press the button as he shook his head.

"No, lets wait. I have an idea of how I want to tell him." Zans smile widened as Rhaelan smiled back.

"Okay mom!" Rhaelan got up once Zan thanked the doctor as they rushed out of the infirmary and went back to the pack house where Zan had to contain himself from the joy he was feeling. So much joy that it seeped over to Averick through their bond.

Whats got you so excited? Averick asked through the link, causing Zan to blush, shooing Rhaelan out of the room as he went to get a shower.

Just excited for when you come home. I miss you Zan tried to play it off as if it was nothing, but Averick knew better.

Didn't you go to the doctors today? Averick asked, a bit of hope in his voice.

Zan couldn't help but feel pain at holding this back against him. Yet he knew it would be worth it. Thankfully, the guilt of keeping this form him caused his happy feeling to go away and Averick sighed.

I see... We'll have children soon babe I just know it. Zan didn't say anything for a moment. He never said what the lab results were. So he didn't lie to him or anything.

I know we will. I'm going to go take a shower, Ill see you tomorrow when you get back. Alright darling? Zan smiled as Averick chuckled.

Of course. I cant wait to see you love.

Cant wait to see you either Zan then severed the link and smiled as he looked at himself in the mirror.

Turning to the side, Zan pressed his hands against his stomach rubbing it gently as he thought of it being big and round with their children. When he gets closer to the due date, he would have to be in his wolf form to give birth to the pups. Zans wolf for was back to being just a normal white wolf, the goddess having become dormant once again for reasons unknown to him. All he knew was that he suddenly was back to being a normal wolf instead of the Goddess wolf.

Hopping in the shower, Zal started to plan by himself the surprise for Averick on how he would tell him.

-Now lets get back to being in first person-

Avericks POV

After Zan severed the connection between us, I could still feel the excitement and love he felt through our link, my wolf purring in glee as he relaxed in the back of my mind. Now, I was sitting at a large table that consisted of three species. Werecat, Werehorse, and of course, werewolf. We were discussing how we would soon combine our borders into one so we can live in peace together instead of being separated based on species. Jerall was to my right, the chiefs son of the werehorse herd. The werehorses were quite new in the area, having taken the no mans land to make their own. This herd was once a nomadic herd, but decided to settle and once the werecats and I agreed, we gave them no mans land. Seeing the werehorses though were quite the sight. You could tell who were warhorses and who weren't just by size. We though our warriors were strong. These werehorses were like body builders. If we were to anger them, they would probably annihilate us all! The chief and his son were both Clydesdale horse shifters, the biggest horse breed out there. Jerall himself was large and menacing for being a horse. When I first saw him, he was in his horse form and towered over me, even though I'm an alpha!

As if sensing me studying him, he looked over at him and smiled. I would have smiled back if his face didn't suddenly retort back to being stern and blank. At the moment the Clan leader of the werecats and the chief of the herd were talking about where they should all stay at as we try to get everyone together.

"Alpha Averick, I think your home is the biggest our of all ours with still empty rooms to be filled. We could send them there." Chief Torin said, looking over at me. I tensed as I thought of their heirs and a couple of their warriors from the clan and herd at the house. God its going to be a mad house.

"Of course, that should be fine since we do have spare rooms." I nod my head in agreement and they nodded as well.

"Then it's settled, tomorrow when you leave you will be taking our sons and a few warriors." Clan Leader Quin said, clasping his hands together and standing up. Everyone in the room nodded before everyone dispersed.

"Alpha, I'll go on ahead and make the announcement of newcomers so the pack members can be ready." Colton, my Gamma, said to me and I nodded my head, watching as he shifted and took off out of the large barn like house.

I feel like he did that just to get out of here. Hendrick, my Beta, chuckled as he watched the Gamma high tail it out of there.

"He never did like attending meetings." I shook my head with a sigh before excusing myself. I had to make arrangements at the school for the newcomers as well. They were still in high school.