Chapter 9

Amber is pushing me to the site.

She is starting to tell me something very fast in a whispery voice. I don’t understand a word and I tell her so. So she’s starting again, a bit more clearly now.

“Anny, listen! I have to do it. If you won’t start to change something there won’t change anything in your life either and Cecelia will continue like this! You have to change something now. Give it another try!”

What? I know exactly what she’s talking about even if she didn’t mention it.

She still thinks I should do it? Hasn’t she understood anything about this situation we had in class and how I feel now?

“Anny, don’t you understand that it would be worse to do nothing than change something now? Anny!”

“No I can’t Amber! Don’t you understand that? I can’t after what happened!” I’m whispering back.

I can see that Amber wants to start again trying to persuade me. But there is no more time for it.

“What are you doing here loser? I thought we made clear you don’t belong here and no one wants to do something with a person like you! How can you have the heart to come back here?”

She is going a step forward. Now she is standing very close. And because she’s wearing her high heels she is taller than me and is able to look down on me. And that is exactly what she is doing now. I take a step back and she’s taking one forward again.

“I thought I made my point clear!” She is repeating herself.

In this moment the door opens and our teachers is coming in.

Thank god!

We take our seats. Amber is sitting next to me now. She is leaning over and whispering in my ear: “See? Nothing will change! It will be like this your whole life! Do you want that?”

That is all she says. She’s leaning back and doesn’t take another look on me the whole period.

I can’t concentrate on the subject. The whole time I think of what Amber said and what happened.

By the end of the period I know what I will do: I will do just what Amber said and continue with me “how to become popular” plan.

I thought about it over and over again and I came to the conclusion that Amber is right. Nothing would change if I won’t do anything. So it’s clear that I have to.

~

“Finally you realised that this is the best! Finally!”

That is what Amber says after I just told her that I agree with her and I will continue.

“Fine, do you want to meet today after school so we can discuss the next step?”

“Sure!” I answer her. So the whole project is going on now.

~

Later in the afternoon I am at Amber’s house today. We are sitting on her lovely patterned carpet, my list in front of us.

“Okay, we can tick “hot look”. You just have to continue to wear your new clothes.”

Amber has a pencil in her hand. She is moving it thoughtfully up and down between her fingers.

“Hmm... you know what? One point says “outstanding good or bad in school”. But you are already outstanding good! You just have to show it by telling everyone about your mark if we get a test paper back our something. You are good! Just no one knows it apart from me! We have to change this. But it shouldn’t take you that much effort. So we can kind of tick this one as well.”

She is putting a little check mark behind point number two.

“Maybe you just try to put these things into action before we choose another point to do next.” She is thinking loudly.

“Okay, that’s great! We will do it just as you said it!” I agree with her.

~

“Sometimes good friends know better than you what the best for you is.”

Author's note:

I know that this isn't very long but I think that this isn't the most important thing.

What do you think of the story so far?

It seems like my writers block is kind of over and I have more time for writing again. So there will be a lot more chapters during the next days:)

PLEASE FAN, VOTE AND COMMENT!

Enjoy reading it!<3