Chapter 56

Rio's POV:

We ran down the hall. The walls were collapsing behind us.

"Who's attacking us?" I asked.

"Who do you think?! Astral World?!"

We made a it outside, just in time. The castle collapsed.

"Merag, Alit! Are you alright?!"

Nasch and Dumon ran over to us.

"We're fine. Where is everyone else?" I asked.

"They're trying to find out who is causing this attack," Dumon explained.

I looked at Nasch.

"Do you think it's Yuma?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe."

Suddenly a comet came out of nowhere. It was headed straight towards us! Then it suddenly stopped. I looked around. Everything was still.

"What are you going to do?"

Don Thousand!

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Who you will save. Your brother, who was always loyal to you. Dumon, who looked for you and Nasch when no one else did. Or Alit. Your best friend, who helped you find your gem stone."

Best friend? What does he mean by that?

"You better hurry. Time's almost up."

Suddenly everything was back to normal. The comet kept coming to us. That's when I noticed, the comet was on fire. What what did Don Thousand say about gem stones...That's it!

I frantically looked around. I finally fond a small puddle. Here goes, I thought.

"Merag, what are you doing?!"

I ran as fast as I could. I touched the water. Nothing happened. What's going on?! Suddenly it started glowing. It suddenly turned to ice. Yes! I ran back to the others. The ice following. The comet was approaching fast. I don't think I can make it. Then at the last minute, I ran in front of the three. I brought the ice up. It hit the comet, with one solid hit. The comet was completely frozen.

"You picked all three. Huh...You might be tougher than I thought."

I smiled.

"But the test isn't over."