Weightless Lullabies | Chapter 14

Sorry, for the delay. I'm going to post one more chapter after this.

Spencer: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=15989097

Vote and Comment.

xoxo Natasha <3

I stayed at the hospital for only two days. The first day they thought I had a concussion and made me stay in bed and the second day, I got stitches on my arm, leg, and forehead. In all I got thirty stitches. My dad had run off and they were currently looking for him.

Susan and Cole had heard about what happened and told me to come and live with them now, I had been packing some things when Jack, Rian, Alex, and Zack came to my house. I let them in and told the to follow me. I heard them all wince when I opened the door and I didn't blame them, I knew that I looked like I had been through hell and back...twice. Every bruise and scratch that hadn't healed was on displace on my body. I hadn't been expecting anyone, and hadn't bothered to put on make up.

"What's up?" I asked, walking into my bathroom and getting all my make-up.

"Where are you going?" Zack asked.

"I'm moving in with my old foster parents." I didn't look at him as I said it. "I'm almost eighteen and I had always planned to transfer to into Baltimore City College."

"How often?" Jack asked quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning around. "How often what?"

"Did your dad hurt you?"

"Um, since my mom died." I said, trying to act nonchalant. "I went into foster care when I was nine, I was adopted at eleven and then my dad came and took me back when I was fourteen. We moved here because this was the only house we had left."

They were speechless, their mouths were open and eyes were wide. The only sound in the room was the breathing of five people and me packing my things. It felt as if they were sad and angry that I was leaving. But it didn't make much sense to me. Sure, we had known each other for four years, but we only just started to actually get to know each other well, the past year.

"Why wouldn't you tell us?" Zack asked.

"It wasn't your business." I stated. "No offense, but I've always kept things to myself. There was no need to tell you, I knew that I wouldn't have been staying here much longer. Anyways, it's safer for me to leave."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked quietly. "Does this have anything to do with Jason?"

"Who's Jason?" Rian, Zack and Jack asked.

"My ex." I turned to Alex. "Yeah, it does somewhat. He hasn't contacted me in a while and it's kind of scaring me. I'd rather not be in his range."

Again, silence took over my room and we all just looked at each other. Suddenly. Jack got up from my bed and walked out of my room, slamming the front door as he left. I looked at the door where Jack just left, I really didn't know what to do. I'd never had to deal with something like this before.

"You should probably go talk to him." Alex said to me.

"Why?" I asked. "What did I do? I don't get why he's so mad."

"What do you mean 'why'?" Zack raised his voice and threw up his hands. "He's liked you for four years, finally got to go out with you and date you, and now you're leaving. That's why he's so mad."

"Oh." there was nothing else for me to say.

The guys had left a few hours ago and I sat in the kitchen thinking of what I could say to Jack and whether or not I would actually leave or not. It had always been my plan to leave once I turned eighteen, and after what happened with my dad it just confirmed it more. I had never planned to get involved with anyone or become friends with anyone, it was just to move to Baltimore with Susan and Cole, finish high school there, and then got to NYU or UCLA. But now I was rethinking it, I didn't want to leave Jack and the guys, but I could still come and visit them every weekend and holiday. Alex and Rian's girlfriends had called and begged me to stay, along with becoming friends with the guys, I became friends with their girlfriends too.

There was a knock at the door, actually it was more like a pounding on the door. It scared me, it may be Jason or even worse my dad. I got up from my chair and walked cautiously to the door. I looked through the peephole and let out a breath that I didn't realize that I had been holding.

"Hey Jack." I greeted when I opened the door.

He only grunted and walked into the house. He led me up the stairs and into my room. I leaned against the door frame and looked at him. He had a vacant look in his eyes and I wasn't used to it. Jack wasn't one to have vacancy in his eyes, he was the one you could count on have a smile in his eyes or on his face. The one you could always go to for a smile or laugh or just to forget, and that was something I loved about him.

"Jack," he didn't look up. "I know you're mad and angry at me, but you have to understand, I never meant to hurt you. This had always been my plan every since I moved here in freshman year. I had never meant to become anyone's girlfriend or anyone's friend. I don't regret it, but with my dad still gone and Jason probably still around I want to have a sense of security and right now, I don't."

"And I don't give you a sense of security?" he asked raising his voice. "But you know, how could I give you a sense of security when you didn't tell me what was going on? I guess I really don't mean that much to you, but Alex must. I mean, you told him about Jason."

"No!" I cried. "You mean so much to mean and if you ever think otherwise or say otherwise, I'll yell at you. I've already told you why I didn't tell you, it wasn't because I didn't trust you, but because I just didn't want you to know.

"And the only reason I told Alex about Jason was because he saw him the day before you saw us kiss. He had chased me one night after I came back from a bar and I ran to Alex's house. I told him not to tell you. He knew no more than you, it was him that convinced me to go out with you."

"Why did you need to be convinced to go out with me?"

"Because, I thought you would turn out to be like Jason." I admitted, looking down at the floor. "Jason was sweet and nice when we met, but then started to hit me. I haven't had the greatest life and when it comes to men, I am very doubtful."

I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me to the bed. He pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry that you've gone through all this." he whispered.

The whole night we just talked, about everything. I told him about my mom, all my foster parents, Susan and Cole, and Jason. It was so weird, we had only been going out for three months, but it felt like we had been going out for longer. I loved being around Jack, he made me smile and laugh, something I hadn't done in so long it felt foreign.