Egegeghh

He did say he had to hate me. Maybe, deep, deep down, he secretly doesn't want to hate me. Or maybe I have to stop wishing.

   I can't go to sleep. I don't want to be beat up and I don't want Baz to tease me anymore. I am not in love with a vampire. Although I will admit to a petty crush. I stare longingly at his silhouette. It was too dark to make out his face. I hoped morning would come soon. I'm tired and hungry. Merlin and Methuselah, I hate this.
I watch the moon fade. It gets grey before the clouds turn pink. I turn and look at Baz's face. His eyebrows are drawn in and he's frowning. A mild nightmare.
I've waited long enough to get out of bed. I pull the sheets to one side and climb out the other. I'm ready and dressed by six. I'm also exhausted. But I'm not sleeping. I'm never going through those nightmares again. I'm never risking Baz's life again.
I decide to sneak out and talk to Ebb the goatherd.
"You... You have a crush on your sworn enemy?" She speaks softer than usual. I don't remember how this conversation started. Weren't we talking about tea...?
"First of all, it's not sworn. We didn't take an oath."
"Okay, but Simon, think about this-"
"Ebb, I can't control my magic, let alone my feelings. All I've been doing is thinking and it's a waste of my time."
Ebb sighs, shaking her head. I groan and lean back, laying on the grass. I watch the goat Ebb pets pull on her sleeve.
"Alright, don't worry, Simon. You'll get over this, I promise. This kind of confusion never lasts long." But she didn't sound too sure.

In class all day, Baz wouldn't look at me. Right after classes, before he left to wherever, I grabbed his arm. Baz looked everywhere but my face. Maybe he was guilty about last night.
"Don't tell me you're mad at me now," I say.
"I'm not, Snow. Now let me go." When he finally looked at my nose, I loosened my grip. Baz ripped his arm out of my hands and went towards the Catacombs. I didn't bother to follow for once.
I figured I had about two hours. Penny went back with me to mine and Baz's room.
"You don't look good, Simon," Penelope said with a warning tone. I shrugged, not meeting her eyes.
"Just a few nightmares is all. I'm okay, Penn, really." She would yell at me if I told her I didn't sleep.
She caught me up on the latest gossip. Agatha was talking to some hot guy named Jared apparently. Not that I cared. Because if I really did like Baz, wouldn't that make me gay? {omg when he says this I get so frustrated. Fucking BISEXUAL Simon!!} I wouldn't tell Penny that either. (I didn't want to think about that right now anyway.)
"I should go now," she said sadly. I frowned but nodded in agreement. If Baz caught her here, he would report her. She gave me a bear hug. "I'll see you, Simon."
"Bye," I smiled.
But just as Penny opened the door, Baz waltzed in. Penn's eyes were wide.
"I-I was just leaving," she stammered. Baz smirked.
"Don't let me stop you," he said.
Although I was grateful, I still looked questioningly at Baz.
"Why aren't you telling on us?" I asked when Penny left. Baz shrugged.
"I don't have time to care about rubbish like that," Baz said.
"What do you have time for?" I asked quietly. Baz glared in response. I noticed he was wearing my sweatshirt again. That made me smile.
I yawned, making Baz yawn. He scowled at me.
"You look awful, Snow. Worse than usual, which is saying something," he said.
"Well, I haven't slept-"
"You're not nocturnal or anything. You need sleep, Snow." I shrugged. I was glad he cared but I was okay.
"Well, I'm fine." He narrowed his eyes. "Really, Baz, I'm okay. Why do you care anyway?"
"If I'm going to kill you, you can't be dead from lack of sleep."
"Oh. I guess..."
"We're you expecting another answer?"
I shifted my gaze to my feet. I was hoping for another answer. But that's completely different. We were silent for a while.
"You didn't really think I would just pretend you don't have super powers, did you?" He's smirking. I don't need to look at him, I hear it in his voice. Ebb was so wrong. I was even more confused now. Because I didn't want to like a boy. I didn't want to like Baz.
"Baz, I kind of have other thoughts on my mind-"
"What could possibly be in your small mind, Snow? You have super powers."
I guess I did.
"You have to do it again. Just to make sure it's legitimate." His face showed a little bit of curious excitement. I loved it very much. No I didn't. Fucking hell.
"I don't know how I did it, though," I say. Baz frowns. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try." But I'm actually worried now. Because what if I do hurt him? I took a quick breath. Baz smirked.
"Nervous?" He teased. I looked right into his not-so-swampy grey eyes.
"Very," I said seriously. His smirk wavered. I held out my hands and he took them hesitatingly. My pulse was in my throat. Merlin, I was holding Baz's hands.
"Crowley, Snow you're gonna be fine."
"I'm not worried for me..."
   We sit across each other on the edge of our beds. We sit like this for a while. Neither of us know what to do.
"What spell?" Baz asks quietly, as to not completely disrupt the silence.
"What if I fall...?" It's a levitation spell for fairly small objects. I look up at him shyly. He has a genuine smile on his face; I feel my ears heat up.
"Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?"
I close my eyes and push my magic into his words. The only thing I can feel is him holding tighter onto my hands. And when I open my eyes, I realise it's because there's nothing else to feel. We're hovering in mid-air. I give him a little more magic and we float up. The next I know, we're on the ceiling. Baz bounces against the walls, holding one of my hands, and we find ourselves outside. By now, my magic is flowing between us. We're flying.
"Don't let go," I tell Baz. He laughs like I just told a joke.
"I wouldn't dream of it," he responds. I think about controlling how I fly. I take a deep breath and give Baz's hand another squeeze. Then we shoot through the air. Wind whistles in my face. I grin as Baz is dragged behind me.
"WOOOOHOOO!!" He howls. Baz holds onto me by my shoulders, allowing me to spread my arms. I hear him laughing and it's the most wonderful sound.
"Simon, this is amazing!" He exclaims in my ear. I think about being higher and faster. "Shiiiiitt!!" He yells. We're going straight up.
"You called me Simon!" I shout. I can't stop grinning. He called me Simon.
We fall back and spiral downwards. Baz screams making me laugh more. I think about dipping up right before we hit the ground. When I'm starting to slow down and go back towards Mummers House, I notice Baz clinging to me. His arms are wrapped around my neck and I can feel his cool breath on my ear. He called me Simon.
It's awkward when we get back to our room. Baz lets go but he keeps grinning.
"That looks good on you," I say. I can't help but stare at his lips.
"What?" He asks. I glance at his eyes.
"That smile." It gets even wider.
"You have super powers, Snow," he says. "And they're awesome."