Chapter Nine: Mark

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Saturday, September 31st
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

The food carts were up near the park, and I got fried bread dough and shared the huge portion with Jack on a bench. I watched as he carefully ripped off pieces and looked down at it. When he stuffed it in his face he looked back up at me and laughed a little bit.

I was really happy that Jack was starting to be more comfortable with me, I guess Marzia convincing me to come was not all that bad of an idea. Jack was - in a word - adorable. He was like a little kid a lot, and the way he lit up about things was wonderful.

Jack raised his face up to me and when I saw his eyes I was shocked that I never noticed how blue they were before. "Wow.." I muttered.

"Huh? What is it?" Jack asked, his face dropped.

"I didn't know your eyes were so blue." I told him, giving a nervous laugh.

"Oh.. Well.. They are!" Jack shrugged with a smile, his face was a little pink at my words but I brushed it away as anything.

When the plate was empty, we sat on the bench looking up at the clouds. "That one, it looks like a dog." Jack told me. "I wish I had a dog."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I don't know how my mum would feel about me bringing a dog home. But I want one, one day at least." Jack said. "I don't really know what I'm doing with myself though, so I guess I should get that in line first."

"Don't feel too stressed about it, life is better when you don't stress." I said. I looked off and could see Cerise standing eating a hot dog with Elise and let out a cuss under my breath.

"W-What? What is it?" Jack turned to me.

"Cerise is over there with Elise, come on, before they see us over here." I said. I grabbed Jack's wrist and pulled him down the hill towards the crowded street, Jack stood close to me and I could feel his hand slightly touching my back as we weaved through people.

"Where are we going?" Jack asked as we emerged on the other side of the crowd.

"I don't know yet, I think we're about done here. Dontcha think?" I turned to Jack who nodded. "Do you.. We could.. We could hang out at my house? It's still early on in the afternoon."

Jack looked me up and down, as if he didn't trust me. I was worried he was going to say something that would make me feel like a total doofus, but what he said twisted my stomach a little more than I thought. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I tilted my head. "Don't answer that, just come on."

Jack stood beside me, he folded his arms and rubbed them gently. He took a deep breath and let out a sigh. "Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I just should've brought a jacket. Or worn a long sleeve shirt." Jack said, I watched his small little body shake every time the wind blew. I shed off my own jacket and put it on his head. "What? I don't want your jacket what about you?" Jack asked as he pulled it off of his head.

"I'm wearing a long sleeve, I was a little warm anyways. It might be a little big on you, but that's okay." I shrugged. Jack slipped it on and it was a little big, but it looked nice. He zipped it up and held onto himself before bumping into me. "Hey, watch it."

"It's not like I meant to run into you or anything." Jack shrugged. "If I did, I would have just pushed you, like this!" Jack smiled and pushed on me, I almost fell but he ran off in the opposite direction.

"Jack!" I laughed. "You don't even know where you're going!" I ran after him and eventually caught up to him, grabbing him he let out a scream and then burst into laughter.

"Mark!" He yelled. "Put me down!"

"You just ran off." I snickered. "You can't push me and then try and flee!" I put Jack down and he laughed wildly. "Come on, it's not much farther from where I live."

"I know that I'm an ass," Jack said. "But, I'm glad that I didn't entirely make you pissed off with me. After all, the last thing I need is someone else wanting to kick the shit out of me."

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? Who wants to do that?"

"Ah, it's nothing." Jack put his hands in my jacket's pockets and he eyes went wide. "Oh!"

"What?" I asked. Jack pulled out something from the pocket, in his hand was gold shiny package. I went wide eyed when I saw it and Jack let out a laugh.

"You don't strike me as the kind of person to be bedding women." Jack said as he turned it over in his hand.

"Oh. No, uh, someone else gave that to me." I said. Jack turned to me with an expression that told me he didn't buy it. "Um. Cerise did. During band the other day."

"O-Oh." Jack mumbled.

"Plus, you and she have me all wrong." I shrugged. I had no idea how I managed to fearlessly spurt out this information, but I did. "I'm not into women."

"Oh, wait what?!" Jack gasped.

"Yeah. It kind of makes me sick how painstakingly obvious it is that Cerise really likes me." I admitted. "She's nice and she's pretty, unfortunately, she's not for me."

"I had no idea. I just jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry." Jack said.

"It's fine. I'm not very open about it." I shrugged.

"Wait so.. Who else knows?" Jack asked.

"My parents know. But otherwise, just you." I told him.

He went wide eyed when I told him this. I watched as he looked down at his hands that were hiding in the sleeves in my jacket before turning back to me with a nervous looking smile. "And you trust me with this?"

"Don't tell me I should regret it." I let out a sigh.

"No but, I don't know. I have no idea why you would trust me with anything." Jack said. He folded his arms and smiled as he walked alongside me. "Maybe one day I'll trust you with something too."

"Hopefully." I muttered.

~AN

I'm just gonna keep proofreading chapters I suppose. La da dee, la da doo, la da dum.

Rinny!