BD 2

Zayn's POV:

The morning light peeks through the dark curtains in my room. My eyes flutter open, slowly letting the light sink in. I remove the covers from my body and fling my legs over the side of the bed. I move down the steps of the empty house.

My roommates have been gone for three days now, leaving me here to saunter in my thoughts.

I find my way to the freshly stocked kitchen, thanks to me. I grab a bowl from the cupboard and the cereal from the counter. I sit at the island once I finished preparing my meal. The silence in this house totures me. I know I should have gone with the other boys but I didn't want to deal with reality. Being in the lonely house makes reality even more clear.

**

"Zayn, we really need to talk." The words everyone dreads hearing. The beautiful voice on the other end of the phone shattered my heart.

"Lets meet in 20 minutes at the cafe." And with that she hung up.

I put on my clothes and moved to the car. The drive to the cafe is painful and silent. It hurts to breathe and my hearts feels as if it will pound out of my chest. Every slight sound makes me even more anxious.

When I arrive she's already sitting at a table. I move toward her, hoping time would freeze and rewind. I sit in the chair across from her, fingers twitching.

"Zayn, the time we have spent together has been wonderful. But I'm afraid we just are not meant for another. Yes, we have so much in common but its the differences that are tearing us apart. As much as it pains me to say, I just can't be with you anymore.

And with that I was gone. Gone from her, the cafe, Bradford, everything.

**

I have to get out of this house. I need to move on. So much time has passed yet she still never leaves my mind. What the hell is wrong with me?

I need to find a job. A good job. Like maybe in art. Since art is my passion. Art is the one love that will never leave me. No matter what happens in life, art will always be on my side. But life makes art, right?