CHAPTER FIVE

"Who told you?" I pissed him off for sure.

"It's kinda ovious. Because of the way you act around her."

"Forget it Vivian. You won't understand." I wanted to ask more questions, but i didn't want to piss him off more.

"I-it's ok! I respect your privacy!" I shouted at him, making sure he head me even though he was halfway across the garden.

"You asked Enoch about Emma?" It was Jake.

"Yeah, I did." I followed him across the garden and we sat down against, which i can assume is an elephant Fiona made.

"You can't talk to Enoch about things like that."

"Why not?"

"Because... Emma and I are together. I thought he would move on, but he ended up saying nothing to her. He just helps her with her chores but he doesn't socialize with her."
I kind of felt bad for Enoch. I had to apologize.

"Thanks for telling me Jake. Im still getting to know everyone and how things work around here." I smiled. He's the type of person who can be friends with anybody.

Jake told me he had things to discuss with Miss Peregrine, so i went back inside and sat on the couch in the living room.

"Hello Vivian! Would you like to play chess?" It was Hugh. Everytime i see him i can't help but smile. His smile actually makes me smile.

"No thank you Hugh, Im thinking about things."

"Horace knew this would happen, that you would make Enoch mad." He sat on the couch and wore his net.

"I don't want my bees to bother you."

"No its okay, i like bees. I think they're very.... Magnificent creatures." I patted his shoulder.

"Really?! You aren't bothered by them?!"

"No, not really." I smiled at him. He smiled back and waved goodbye, maybe because he was playing with the others.

After awhile i stood up, walked across the hallway, but i stopped right in front of Miss P's door. I opened the door a little and saw Jake.

"Mister Portman! How could you let that hollow get away?!"

"I'm sorry, I-i was distracted."

"We'll hunt it down tonight. Enoch, Emma and Vivian can look after the little ones."

"Do i make myself clear?"

"Yes Miss..." I closed the door gently and started walking back upstairs.

"Vivian!"

"Olive, it's you. You scared me!" I tried laughing it off.

"Can i talk to you about something?"

"Sure? Anything?"

"When do you use your peculiarality?"

"When it's an emergency really. Sometimes it gets out of control so..." I was being a hundred percent honest with her. I don't want anyone else to get hurt.

"Well it's good to know that you and I have the same reasons." She said smiling.

"I'll be on my way then!" She walked away, leaving me a bit curious.

I went inside my room and saw Horace sitting on my bed.

"How long have you been in here?" I said closing the door, but i was still looking at him.

"About 2 minutes before you arrived really." He said while holding his hand out.

"What do you want?"

"Someone's a bit grumpy today, aren't we Vivian?" I didn't want to talk to anyone right now, so i sat on my bed and pushed him gently out the door.

"I'll talk to you later, Horace." I smiled. I looked out the window and it was almost time for dinner. I opened the closet and made the door close. I was already wearing a dress, so i closed the closet shut and noticed Enoch was inside my room.

"Enoch?! Look, Im sorry for what i said. I didn't know."

"It's fine Vivian. You're new, you didn't know." It felt really good knowing he forgives me.

"Anyways, Miss Peregrine wants us all ready for dinner." I gave him a little smile while he was closing the door before he left.

I went downstairs to see that we had the same thing for dinner.

"Sit beside me Vivian!"

"No! She sits with me!"

"She should sit with me!"

"Now, now children. Why does everybody want to sit next to Vivian?"

"We're going to tell her stories!"

"Claire, darling, let's let Miss Warren pick." I didn't even pick. I just sat to the chair nearest to me. Which was next to Emma.

"Goodevening Vivian." She gave me that sweet smile she gives the kids.

"Evening Emma." She strapped herself down and took of her led shoes.

"Must be tiering walking in those."

"Not really, sometimes i think it isn't enough. Because everytime my feet land on the ground, it floats down."

It was 9:07 Miss Peregrine had to reset the loop. Everybody was heading outside the garden but i sat on the porch.

"Aren't you coming?"

"Not tonight Millard. Im not feeling well. I just wanna sit down." I said smiling at him, making sure that he understood that i'll be ok.

"I can take you upstairs, if you want?" I didn't really mind Enoch helping me get to my room. I looked at the others and looked back at Enoch.

I held out my hand and he pulled me up, putting his arm around my waist and mine on top of his shoulders.

"I can walk, it's too much work for you."

"No, I insist. I don't want you to fall down. You might be dizzy."

"Yeah... I think i am." When we got to my room, i took my shoes off and sat on my bed.

"Thanks for helping me get up here." I said looking at him, then out the window. Just looking at the sky change makes me feel better.

"Don't mention it." He smiled while turning on my lamp.

"Get some rest, so you'll feel better tomorrow." He smiled at me one last time and stopped outside my door.

"Goodnight Vivian."

"Goodnight Enoch. I'll see you tomorrow then." I smiled at him while feeling my eyes close shut, and so was the door.

I heard footsteps in the hallway. They finished reseting the loop. All i could think of was Miss Peregrine and Jake's hollow hunt.