Author's Note

To my readers,

One of my favorite parts of writing a story and finishing it is leaving an author's note at the end. It feels like a goodbye, but also with a gratitude. Writing this novella is quite an interesting journey. I learned a lot from it. I want to thank my beloved readers for the endless support.

Fun facts about Hades:

1. It's the first work I wrote entirely in 3rd person point of view. If you haven't noticed, I usually write in 1st POV since I felt more comfortable writing in it. I know some of you are like 'it's not that hard to write 3rd POV." And you're right. In fact, it was a lot more fun and easier! Besides it suited the story the most. But my favorite POV will still be the 1st since I will always write for the young audience.

2. I wrote Hades because no one has retold the story the way I wished to read it. Of course, I'm not the only one who recreates the myth. Greek tales of the gods and goddesses have always fascinated me. And my gay heart always secretly wishes there were a lesbian version of the tale. I myself have a major crush on either Athena or Artemis. In my mind, they are the ultimate lesbian goddesses. I think if I have enough time, I'd like to write another novella about each of them, who knows? :P

3. It took me 8 months to finish it! 8 months! What a sloth writer I am! lol This story has a specific tone, which I had to acquire in order to write it. I'm into poetic prose and verses. I relish in reading something that sounds like music, so I always tried my best to make Hades lyrical and classic without being too complex to understand. I know I'm not perfect, but at least, I didn't give up.

4. I decided to write this story because I was having a writer's block with my other stories. My way of getting out of a writer's block is to write another new story AND actually finish it! Like who the heck does that? It was the same with Black Knight (btw BK is 500+ pages long! What was I thinking writing a side story of 500 pages??) Haha...

5. Hades is now in print. Link in the bio. Or you can just rate this book Goodreads.com. If one day you feel like collecting my works, you can always find my profile on Amazon. But I'm not forcing you to buy my work. It makes no difference, I'm still writing all my first draft here. So happy reading *wink*

Well, I guess this is it. Thank you for reading Hades. My future project from now on is to finish two others books of mine, Anastasia Romanov and Daughter of the Naga. Dear Lord, give me the strength!

Anyway, I don't consider myself a great writer or anything. I'm still learning and improving. But for those of you who always asked me for advice on how to write a decent gxg story, here are some:

1. Find the story genre you love.

2. Write the shittiest first story, then the second and the third and so on.

3. Write with short simple sentence, write with specific details, write with rhythm.

4. Make great bookcover (I made most of my own covers with picmonkey.com)

5. Avoid writing things that readers like to skip or have already read. Write what is different from everything you've read before.

6. Avoid 'Purple Prose'. Purple Prose is writing that is so extravagant, and flowery that it ruins the flow of your writing by drawing excessive attention to itself. This includes use of clever words. Don't write to impress, write to tell a story.

7. Some people asked me whether they should write smut. A good story doesn't have to be about sex. If it's good, it's good. Even writing a lot of sex scenes doesn't make the story great. I have seen plenty of smut stories that make me shake my head too. My stories have sex, but it's the storyline that keep my readers' attention. So in short, sex or not, it has nothing to do with your work.

8. Do not make author's note in the middle of the story. It's a disturbance. If you have a message, post it on your board. I never write a note, not until the end of the book.

9. Make your paragraph neat, organized, and easy to read. Reading takes effort, no one wants to spend their time reading difficult paragraphs (read #6). You should take a look at professional writer's book and see how they use the format. In fact, read some published books. I've read a lot of published works before I started writing on Wattpad, so yeah.

10. Don't write your story to get readers. Write for yourself to enjoy. Write your story as if you alone would love to read it so much.

With love,

Sveta

PS: if you enjoyed this story, I hope you can spend a few minutes of your time and watch or click the ad videos between chapters and I would really appreciate it :)