Chapter XVII

The look that Finn had given me after I had confessed the truth flashed in my mind. His eyes were full of disappointment, and betrayal. It had been a couple of days, and I still hadn't shaken it off. Who would even be able to, after all I had done?

Probably Kylo.

I sat the tray that had previously had food on it on my dresser. One of the droids would come and pick it up later.

I had already met with Kylo, Hux, and Phasma to discuss all that I had found out while at the resistance. They all three told me that it was very much appreciated, and that they would probably set me up for things like this in the future. So I was basically like spy for them now. I had already told Ben that I disliked my new occupation countless amount of times, and we had an argument afterwards. He told me that if I didn't, then he'd kill me. I had scoffed at his words, but it frightened me to say the least.

So, I was their spy.

I wanted to talk to Ben in private, and have a real conversation. But I was never able to catch him at the right time. He was always training, talking to Hux or Phasma, or was doing what a Commander of The First Order would do. I understood his reasons but I needed him.

I decided that I'd take a bath to get my mind of things. Forget the fact that I had taken one a few hours ago. I needed another, the stress made me sweat, and sweat made me stink.

I went into the bathroom, closed the door, and stripped out of my comfortable, warm clothes. I turned on the water, and looked at myself in the mirror while I waited for it to warm up.

The burn on my wrist for Kylo's lightsaber was still there, and was slowly healing. I was glad it no longer was a blister; that hurt like hell.

I plugged the drain and waited for the tub to fill up, and when it did, I slipped into the warmth of the water. I immediately got goosebumps from my body's temperature change. I sighed as the feeling of heat enveloped my body. "Praise God for baths," I breathed.

"Ophelia- Whoa, oh my God I'm-"

"Kylo-what-Get out!!!" I screeched in a high pitched tone, and I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks. He quickly covered his eyes and exited the bathroom, leaving me breathless in my position. "Oh my God, that's so embarrassing!" I yelled out and stood up, unplugging the drain and grabbing my towel off it's hook.

I wrapped the cotton material around my body and sighed, opening the bathroom door and entering the cold temperature. "What do you want, Kylo?" I sighed, still a little flustered from what had happened a few seconds ago. I was still dripping wet, and this towel wasn't really doing much as I hadn't wiped off my body yet.

Ben scanned over my body and bit his lip, obviously feeling awkward. "I just came to tell you that we were going to go check out Hoth and I was going to invite you - I-I'm sorry, Lia." He apologized and scratched the back of his neck.

"It's okay, Ben. Just please knock next time." I pleaded. "That probably embarrassed me enough to make me want to go hide in my covers and never come out... You would feel the same way."

He looked down before asking me a question. "So, would you want to come to Hoth with me?"

"For what reason?" I asked suspiciously. Hopefully, this wasn't what I thought it was.

"To go to the old rebel base." Well, there goes all of my hope.

---

Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, and I, along with some pilots and stormtroopers, were all on Kylo's ship on our way to Hoth. There were two other shuttles with stormtroopers behind us.

I was beginning to be torn between the two sides of the Force. Hell, I already was!

I didn't know what was wrong with me. A few weeks ago, I despised the Dark Side and The First Order. Now I was bowing to their command. Or Kylo's, rather.

I could feel myself wanting to leave an escape. It grew more and more each day. I had already thought of various plans. But, I never committed them, because I would be found and most likely killed. If not, tortured.

I suddenly felt the ship jolt out of hyperspace, causing me to leave my thoughts. We must be about to land on the frozen planet.

I decided to stay in my seat as everyone prepared to land, so I wouldn't mess up.

I almost fell of my seat when the ship landed. Everyone else seemed fine and dandy. They must have been used to it. Either that, or I was a complete dork. I was hoping it wasn't the latter.

As the hatch to the ship opened, a gust of freezing wind blew in. I got the chills as we walked out, and I held myself tightly, as if that would help even a smudge. Even my heavy outerwear {imagine it as leia's Hoth outfit, but gray and black} didn't seem to help that much.

I saw the base a short distance ahead. It blended in with the geography. Fortunately, it looked abandoned. We still kept walking, however. Kylo didn't seem to care.

As we entered the base, Ben looked to his Captain. "Search the place, see if you can find anyone or anything of importance." His voice seemed strong and stern, a tone he hadn't used around me for a while. He turned to me and grabbed my arm, walking the opposite direction that Phasma and her troopers were. "You get to search with me."

"Okay," I struggled to get my hand out of his tight grasp. He was hurting me! When he finally let go, I breathed a sigh of relief and turned into a random room. He followed.

It was an office.

I began to search the drawers, while he searched the other objects around. In the first three drawers, there were no things that were important. Most of it had been empty. I did, however, find a few handwritten notes, and what looked like a red Kyber crystal. After shoving the papers in my pockets to read later, I showed the valuable crystal to Kylo. "Why is there a red one in the rebel base?" I questioned.

"I... don't know. But keep it." He shrugged and went back to his searching.

I slipped the mineral into my pocket and continued my search. In the next drawer, I gasped at what I found. Pictures. Not of just anybody, but of Han, Leia, Chewie, the droids, and Luke.

Kylo walked back over to me and looked over my shoulder, looking at the various photos with me. As I flipped through them, I couldn't help but smile, while feel sad at the same time. There were pictures of Han and Leia together, both smiling brightly. There were pictures of Luke and Leia talking, not realizing they were being photographed. There were photos of them working on the Falcon. There were pictures of memories.

"I want to keep these," I choked on my tears and slipped them into my other pocket. Kylo was silent behind me, and when I turned around, I saw that he was emotionless. This wasn't unusual.

Suddenly, it hit me like a train. "W-Wait, why would Han, Luke, or Leia have a red Kyber crystal in their office?!"

---

OOOOO cliffhangerrrrrr

Was this around 20 pages? I do not know, because I am on my computer at this moment.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Vote and comment for another one :)

~McKenna