"Jamie..." Blake whispered

"What happened?" I asked trying to sit up

"What's the last thing you remember?" he asked grabbing my hand

"Coming home from work early. My class got cancelled and then... I don't know" I said trying to remember what happened. I groaned and rubbed my head.

"You came home and I asked you to grab a pot from the top shelf in the cabinet. I guess it was heavy and wasn't put away properly, it fell and hit you on the head. I ran to you and tripped on the coffee table. I was so scared I was going to lose you" Blake explained with tears starting to form.

Why is Blake crying? He never cries. I wanted to make him better so I smiled to show him I was fine. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"I love you so much Jamie. I cant lose you" Blake whispered. He just about near broke my heart when he said that

"I love you Blake" I whispered back.

He looked at me and then crawled in bed with me. He held me and we both silently cried. I wasn't sure why we were crying, maybe it was the declaration of our love or maybe the fact I was sort of dying.

-

Our little cry session seemed to have pushed us into sleep. I woke up not remembering when I fell asleep.

I looked at Blake who was sleeping and smiled. He looked so peaceful that I wanted to let him sleep a little later than when he usually got up for work.

I went to the bathroom and peed. I then walked to the mirror and looked in it as I started brushing my teeth. I stopped mid brush as I realized something.

If I got hit on the head by a pot... why was my arm wrapped up?

I put my toothbrush down and grabbed the sink with both hands. I looked down as I tried to remember. Everything seemed fuzzy and all over the place.

I shook my head and rinsed off my brush and mouth. I walked out wiping my mouth and stopped in the room. He was still sleeping so I thought I could investigate.

I looked in the living room as I entered and sure enough there was the broken table. It didn't seem right though. Blake broke that from tripping over it? Know that I thought, a lot of what he said didn't make any sense.

Like the pot. We have one or two but they're small compared to the pot he described. It sounded as if he described a gumbo pot and I know we only have normal size pots. I bought them.

"Jamie! What the hell? I'm late! Why didn't you wake me you little-"

All of that yelling was cut off by my memory. I didn't get hit my a large pot, Blake hit me. He never tripped rushing to save me, he knocked me into the table.

It all made sense!

He was cheating when I came home. We got into it and he hit me again. I didn't have much time to process since Blake was storming out of the room and bringing his wrath to me.

"Why didn't you wake me up! I'm late now! Do you only live to piss me off?" Blake yelled as he got into my face. I backed up a bit.

"No. I just thought that since you were up late that you could use a few minutes of sleep. I'm sorry I really didn't think it would mean anything" I explained.

Blake however didn't care about the explanation. He just kept poking my chest hard with his finger as he explained

"I'm late! I wake up at a certain time so I can eat and get to work at a certain time! God, you're useless" Blake yelled and then walked away.