lvi

Ciel stood at the entrance, his eyes were blood-red, his face pale and his body was visibly shaking. Indigo took fast steps towards him.

"What's wrong?"

"...Vanessa..." he choked out a sob, not being able to utter many words.

"What happened to her?" Many emotions started flowing in his veins and he gripped his shoulders. "Take me to her at least..."

"..."

Ciel led him to the room and stayed outside, not being able to watch such a thing.

"Vanes─..." he trailed off once his eyes landed on a familiar lifeless body.

His heart started racing. His eyes spilling tears out. His skin turning as white as paper. His body shook uncontrollably and he fell to his knees, in front of her bed.

"No..." he choked out.

"Please tell me this is another dream..."

His hand reached hers and he gave it a gentle squeeze, hoping for one in return.

Nothing.

"...Vanessa..." he choked out.

"Vanessa...please..."

"You know I don't joke around..."

His eyes landed on her face for once.

It was horrifying.

He was about to have a crisis.

His heart race couldn't stop. The tears never stopped rolling down his cheeks either. His hand shook against hers.

"Vanessa!" He bellowed, exasperated. "Vanessa! Please. Open your eyes...!"

He leaned his face close to hers, sobs escaping his lips. "Don't leave me... please... don't abandon me..."

The stitches sewed in his heart were ripped off once again, but this time, his heart completely shattered into pieces and burned, turning into ash.

The wind blew them away.

The grip he had on her hand loosened up and his hand fell to his side.

His quivering lips pressed against her cold forehead. His tears rolling off his nose and onto her skin.

"...at least... tell me..." he sobbed quietly.

"...did you ever accept me...?"