What? Confusion is setting in..

Start from the beginning

"Are you coming or not?" Herobrine called as Steve floated on his back in the water.

"Just a second!" Notch said and dove under the water. Steve was still floating on his back as Notch swam under him and grabbed him around the waist, dragging him under.

"Honestly, am I the only mature one here?" Herobrine said to himself with a grin before jumping back in.

He swam to where they had gone under and looked around. Notch was holding Steve to the bottom of the lake and Steve was struggling to get free. It looked like he was running out of air because his thrashing started to slow down to the point where he wasn't moving any more. Herobrine swam down quickly and pushed Notch off him. He grabbed Steve and quickly pulled him to the surface. Steve wasn't moving.

"What the nether?! What were you thinking" Herobrine asked as Notch climbed onto the shore. He stared at Steve's body.

"I-I didn't mean-" Notch stampered . Herobrine was trying to empty the water from Steve's lungs and it was working. Gushes of water started coming up but Steve still didn't move. Herobrine was completely ignoring Notch.

"Come on, come on. You've got to wake up" Herobrine muttered as he pressed Steve's chest causing more water to come out. Finally, with a cough Steve started to wake up. He gasped for breath and looked around shocked.

"You ok?" Herobrine asked helping him up. Steve got up shakily and looked at Notch.

"What was that? Its his job to try and kill me not yours!" Steve said finding his strength. He stalked towards Notch and gave him a shove causing him to fall back into the water. "And he saved me! I really would rather not respawn today!"

"Respawn? Since when could you do that?" Herobrine asked looking at Steve.

"Yea, I didn't know you could" Notch said getting out. The look of anger on Steve's face disappeared and was replaced with one of confusion.

"I thought you knew. I mean, how else could I get this power. I don't have any others" Steve said looking at them in confusion. "How else could we still be together after thousands of years"

Herobrine and Notch walked around him as if studying him.

"That does make sense, we all have been around for several thousand years. If you think about it, he is the only one of us that seems to age then go back to a previous age after a while" Herobrine said " And why I cant seem to kill him. He just seems to come back. I thought he just healed"

"In a way I guess I have known. He does show up from time to time and seem younger than the last time" Notch said looking at Steve.

"You know I'm right here right? I can here every word you two say" Steve said throwing his arms up. He watched them as the circled him.

"Should we test this? See if he's lying or its a joke?" Herobrine asked pulling out his sword with an evil grin. Steve's eyes grew wide and he backed up.

"Oh no you don't" Herobrine said still grinning as he ran forward. Steve ran the other way.

"Hero! No! WE still need him alive!" Notch said running after them. He lost sight of them for a moment before hearing a scream. He ran into a clearing to see Herobrine sitting on Steve's chest, pinning him down and raising his sword for the kill.

"HEROBRINE! Get off him!" Notch said running over. Herobrine looked back at him crestfallen and got off Steve who sat up and looked at Herobrine warily.

"We'd better get back to the horses" Steve said brushing himself off then stopping suddenly and looked up in shock and realization.

"Crystal" He said and ran back to the lake with the others close behind.