Chapter Thirty-Six - The Marauders Map

Start from the beginning

"We let off a Dungbomb in the corridor and it upset him for some reason."

"So he hauled us off to his office and started threatening us with the usual, detention disembowelment, and we couldn't help noticing a drawer in one of his filing cabinets marked Confiscated and Highly Dangerous.  

"Don't tell me." Harry grinned at them.

"Well, what would you've done?" Fred asked him.  "George caused a diversion by dropping another Dungbomb, Eliza went and started to talk to him and I whipped the drawer open, and grabbed this."

"It's not as bad as it sounds, you know. We don't reckon Filch ever found out how to work it. He probably suspected what it was, though, or he wouldn't have confiscated it."

"And you know how to work it?"

"Oh yes," Fred smirked.  "This little beauty's taught us more than all the teachers in this school."

"You're winding me up," Harry stared at the map.

"Oh, are we?" George said, "Eliza..."  

Eliza got out her wand and pressed it lightly against the paper, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." And then ink began to spread from out of her wand and covered the entire parchment before large words began to appear, Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers are proud to present THE MARAUDER'S MAP. It was a map showing every detail of the Hogwarts castle and grounds, dots with names beside them so you could see where everyone was. 

"Right into Hogsmeade," said Fred as he traced one of the secret passages "There are seven in all. Now, Filch knows about these four" he pointed at the different ones on the map,  "But we're sure we're the only ones who know about these. Don't bother with the one behind the mirror on the fourth floor. We used it until last winter, but it's caved in, completely blocked. And we don't reckon anyone's ever used this one, because the Whomping Willow's planted right over the entrance. But this one here, this one leads right into the cellar of Honeydukes. We've used it loads of times. And as you might've noticed, the entrance is right outside this room, through that one-eyed old crone's hump."

"Moony, Wormtaill Padfoot, and Prongs," George patted the map. "We owe them so much."

"Noble men, working tirelessly to help a new generation of lawbreakers."

"Right," George told him. 

"Don't forget to wipe it after you've used it or anyone can read it," Fred warned him. 

"Just tap it again and say, 'Mischief managed!' And it'll go blank."

"So, young Harry," Fred said and it was almost as though Percy was there, "Mind you behave yourself."

"See you in Honeydukes."  George told him as they left the room. "Shall we go to Hogsmeade then?"

The three walked quickly towards Hogsmeade, the twins were talking happily while Eliza half listened while half stared forward. "Are you alright Za?" Fred asked his best friend. "You're not saying much!"

"I didn't sleep that well."

"Ang told us, said she was really worried about you." George wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "What's going on Elz?"

"Nothing." She said but they both knew she was lying. "I just feel as though everything I once liked is slowly changing. I don't even recognise the person I am becoming."

"Is everything okay with Cedric?" Fred asked her.

"Yes, no, maybe, I don't know." Eliza sighed, "All he does is talk about Quidditch and I feel as though everything's changed."

"You're growing up El, of course everything is changing." George tried to comfort her.

"Do you miss Oliver hanging out with us?" She changed the subject.

The two shrugged, "Yeah, he could be really annoying but he's our friend."

"I miss him." Eliza admitted, "He was one of my closest friends and then he just stopped talking to me."

"You told him to." Fred said.

Staring at him confusedly, she replied, "No, I did not! I think I would remember telling my friend to stop talking to me! I would never do that."

"You did El, you just haven't realised it yet. Or maybe you have and you don't want to believe it."

"I don't know what you mean!" Eliza sighed as she tried to think back to telling Oliver not to talk to her but she couldn't think of anything. "When did I?"

"We'll let you work that one out for yourself."

"Why?"

"Who do you look for when you walk into a crowded room?"

"Usually you two."

The twins chuckled as they grinned happily at her, "You're in love with us."

"Well I am stuck with you!"