f o u r

|Four|

|Four|

Raphael didn't say anything for a while. Only reached over and pulled me into a warm hug. His silence represented his understanding of my fragile emotions. 

I felt comforted, staying in his arms - enwrapped in his soothing persona. Even with the mess taking place, Raphael had still been there for me. I shouldn't blame him for something he couldn't help. His voice was under lock and key, only allowing whatever the Fates wanted to be known slip through his lips.

I knew that Raphael still looked out for me. He wasn't under Fates orders when he found me outside in the rain. He didn't have to look after me and explain the basics. 

"You're cold," he commented, rubbing rhythmic circles into my back.

"Lucifer doesn't seem to know what a heater is," I mumbled into the crook of Raphael's neck, earning an airy chuckle in return.

"Should I put the kettle on then?"

I nodded, pulling away from Raphael's natural warmth. He stood up from the sofa to move to the kitchen and brew the hot beverage.  A cup of tea would be great right now.

Raphael soon returned with two steaming mugs and a packet of biscuits stuffed underneath his armpit. "We only have hobnobs, are these okay?"

"Is that even a question, Hobnobs are everything!"

"Are they?" Raphael teased, " I think digestives are the superior."

"Um no, Raphael." I shake my head, holding out my hand for the oaty treat. "Hobnobs are preferred. Digestives are plain!"

Raphael dramatically inhaled and tossed the packet of hobnobs into my hands. "I disagree. Digestives are designed to be dunked in tea not hobnobs!"

"Raphael," I chuckle, pulling an oaty biscuit from its blue packaging, "are we seriously going to argue about biscuits?" I dunk a hobnob into my tea, letting it soak for a few seconds before munching on the soft carb.

"It's better than you upset Charmeine. I would argue with you every day over which biscuits trumps the other than see you upset." He pauses, taking a biscuit out from the packaging. "I'll see what I can find out for you okay? No promises though because if you think the Fates are being tight-lipped to you, then for me it's even worse." his tone switches sadder as if he already knows that he won't be able to find out anything.