Deciding on the ideal central heating boiler for your residence.

Modern boilers are more cost-efficient for various reasons, but their key advantage is that they're all condensing boilers. All well-maintained boilers burn their fuel very efficiently, however they inescapably lose some energy via the hot gases which escape up the flue. A condensing boiler possesses a larger sized heat exchanger, therefore it recovers more heat, sends cooler gases up the flue and is more efficient.

Occasionally the flue gases end up getting so cool that the water vapour in the gas condenses out (hence the name), and additional energy is brought back from the condensing vapour.

What do I need to factor in when replacing my boiler?

When it is the right time to change your boiler, you ought to decide what kind of [http://gasengineerintunbridgewells.co.uk/ Gas Engineer in Tunbridge Wells] is suitable for you. Here are some factors to think about:

Fuel type

If you possess mains gas, a gas boiler is most likely to be the most affordable heating choice. Our fuel prices as of March 2016 would suggest that oil heating is now a more cost-effective choice, on the other hand historically oil heating has long been more expensive.

If you don't benefit from a gas supply to your household, it may very well be worth taking into consideration aform of low carbon heating for example a heat pump or biomass. Using the renewable heat incentive these may be more affordable all round.

As an alternative you might prefer to obtain a gas connection to your property. The company which owns and runs the gas network within your region should be able to assist with the cost of getting a new connection, and it might even be fully funded. Contact Energy Networks Association for further information.

Boiler type

Most old gas and oil boilers are normal boilers which have a standalone hot water cylinder to keep hot water, in lieu of offering it direct from the boiler. When you replace your boiler you are able to buy a new regular boiler, and retain your hot water cylinder, or buy a combi boiler that doesn't need a cylinder.

A typical boiler is much more efficient than a combi at providing hot water to start with, however some heat is lost from the hot water cylinder, so a combi could possibly be more cost-efficient overall.

Your hot water usage

Large families using a large amount of hot water usually tend to be best off having a regular boiler, in contrast to smaller households using less can be best off using a combi boiler.

Space in your home

Combi boilers don't require hot water cylinders, and therefore need less space in your house.

Compatibility with solar water heating

If you're deciding on installing solar water heating, it's worth noting that lots of combi boilers are not compatible with this heating system orcan't utilize it so efficiently.