Prologe

Lilith POV

         With out opening my eyes, I could tell someone had been thrown into my cell.
      "Who are you?" I say, expecting it to be one of the others.
"I'mmm just me...., I think," a high pitched voice came out of the darkness. I take a deep breath and open my eyes. From the top bunk where I lay, this little five year old girl looked small. I jump down and go up to her.
     " You're not from around here, are you?" I question. She sticks her fingers into her mouth.
     " It depends on what here is," she says.
    "Okay then," I say to my self. I didn't want to tell her what was ahead. Another flare of pain went through my back. I stand up straighter and rub it. Although the surgery had been a week ago, I still felt the pain. I didn't want this little girl to know she was in a laboratory and fixing to be tested on. So I put on a forced smile.
     She tilted her head and smiled back, "Otay than. I'm Iahza (I-Asia)"
When they first came and got her, she came back and could barely move. I sat her on the bottom bunk.
     She smiled and said,"Otay than."
I had never come so close to crying. "Iahza," I said. I paused, thinking of the right thing to say."I will protect you."

What I didn't know back then was that she would end up protecting me.