Chapter 8

"So Daniel and Clarissa are broken up finally, who's going to snap up that piece of yummy now?" Her words had me frozen, a chilling feeling went up my spine. It was like she knew, she flashed me a wicked grin, my heart was pounding. She didn't know, did she? 

"I know the truth, Skyla. So don't try lying to me." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I d-don't know what you're on about," I attempted to bluff, but I could already feel myself blushing.

"Skyla Annabel Matthews! I've known you too long! Drop the act, you like Daniel don't you," Talia's gaze was boring into me, I ducked my head and then eventually nodded shyly. We continued walking to form (well I wasn't really walking more relying on my crutches to carry me), and I looked up slowly to Talia and she was grinning at me. 

"Awwww girl you got your first crush! It's adorable!" Her voice went squeaky in excitement and I smiled. It felt good that someone knew of my emotions. 

"Shh you," I hit her arm playfully, "but seriously you can't tell the others. Please please please I beg you." 

"Fine," she had a twinkle in her eye and I knew that she was up to something. I laughed and we walked into form together. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniels POV

I felt so freed now that I was away from Clarissa, she was so... demanding all of the time. She always used to try and get me to do things, one time she followed me to a party and she kept putting her hands down my trousers and moaning in a way that she imagined to be sexy and then she'd whisper "am I getting you hard yet big boy?" I had to shove her off me and just walk off. She was such a girl all of the time as well "I want to go shopping" "this girl was a bitch to me" "baby let me show you off to my friends" UGH. 

I didn't even care that I was missing form, I was kind of just wondering around a bit. At least now me and Clarissa were broken up then me and Skyla could be together..well for secret at least. Damn it's going to be hard, I mean I'm living with her for an entire month. I just didn't want Craig to find out, he was very much of an overprotective older brother, for some reason. 

I heard the bell go and there was a sudden crowd of students all rushing to get to lessons. I saw a muscular blonde boy who was in my year, and he looked mad. I backed away and turned around fast, and starting running and pushing past annoyed students. I heard heavy fast footsteps behind me, just as I reached the stairs. I started heading up them fast, the blood pumping fast around my body making my eyelids twitch. I heard a hard slap, feeling a gigantic paw on my shoulder, and then suddenly I was lifted up and thrown onto the floor brutally, feeling pain in my ribs. They would certainly hurt later. I felt a liquid drip down my lip, and I reached my hand to wipe it, looking at my hand I saw that it was blood, as I looked into the face of Clarissa's brother standing menacingly above me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skyla's POV

"Aw you guys would be so adorable together as well," Talia wouldn't shut up about me and Daniel, though she didn't know that we were actually together, in secret. She got her phone out under the table, our teacher was unsurprisingly oblivious to this. She hit a few buttons and typed in a few things, I raised my eyebrows in confusion. I heard a low ting noise and then a squeak of delight from Talia. 

"Eeeek! I just entered yours' and Daniel's full names and date's of birth and you are 98% compatible!" She blabbered on about us and even got to us getting married and having children, but thankfully then the bell went.