Chapter 21: Him

I got to school an extra early because I don't want to spoil everything about my plans for today to Kristen. I know she'll bring her skateboard again today and probably she'll offer me another skating session at the park. Of course I wouldn't say no. I want to do it again, and actually if we could do it everyday I wouldn't really mind. Being with her is one of the things that I love to do now. I want to spend another great day with her today, so I decided to surprise her with a picnic. I have brought some sandwiches that I asked my mum to make for me. I'm thinking of telling Kristen that I made them special for her, but I don't want to lie about it and I know she'll find out too so it's no use. I woke up really early and prepared for the picnic. I want it to be something special. I want her to be happy all the time. I'm not sure if these things are her kind of thing, but I hope she'll appreciate everything. It makes me happy to see her happy.

I made my way to my locker and made sure that no one is around to see me. I placed my stuffs including all the food inside and locked it safely. I smiled to myself. I know how much she loves food and I couldn't wait to see how her face would light up if she sees all these. I turned around and got surprised to see Stacey standing in front of me. I hadn't seen her around in a while and I'm not even wanting to see her right now.

"Hey Cal." She uttered.

"Uh... hi?" I honestly don't know what to say.

"There's gonna be a party at Ashton's tomorrow. You coming?" She asked.

"Uhm no, I don't know. Maybe." I replied. I feel uncomfortable.

"Please come," she leaned in closer. "I miss you."

"Stacey what the h-"

And before I could finish what I wanted to say, I got pushed on my locker and she leaned in to kiss me. I tried to pull away but she wrapped her arms around me and I couldn't let go. She kissed me hard but there's no way I'm kissing back. I couldn't seem to move, unless I try to do something. I know I shouldn't be doing something like this, but pushing her off would be the only way to let me go. She fell on the ground, obviously shocked of what I did.

"Calum what the hell?" She yelled at me.

"Why the hell did you kiss me?" I exclaimed.

"I'm your girlfriend I can do whatever I want to do with you!" She retorted.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I spat out. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Calum I-"

"Stay away from me." I said, leaving her behind.

I rushed outside the gates since it has been five minutes after the bell rang. Kristen must be waiting outside for me. The thought of seeing her again immediately erased the memory of Stacey kissing. That was unexpected. What the hell were she thinking? What if someone saw us? What if Kristen found out about it? Well I'm sure it wouldn't mean anything to her. But what if? I don't know. I suddenly became worried, though there's nothing really to worry about. I just don't want to think about it anymore.

I got back outside the campus and got welcomed by no one. I looked around, tried to check everywhere, but failed to find a waiting Kristen. I couldn't see any signs of her. I texted her a couple times but I didn't got any reply. I tried to call her for the very first time but her phone's off. What could've happen?

I didn't see her the whole day.

*

I tossed my phone away when it started alarming. The memories of yesterday started flashing in my mind. I woke up extra early, which is apparently one of the things that I hate to do, just to prepare stuffs for my surprise picnic. I bought a new shirt that took me hours because I couldn't find a perfect color that would impress her. I asked my mom to make sandwiches for me because unfortunately, I suck at making them and I can't cook. I had to leave early carrying a basket full of food just to keep the surprise. I had to put them all in my locker that made me put out all my school stuffs and put it all in my bag and I turned out to look like a complete nerd. I had to deal with Stacey for kissing me just that. I waited for someone who didn't even show up. I stayed at the park for hours hoping she'll come around but she didn't. I forced myself to eat all the sandwiches and I almost passed out because I was so full. I lost the picnic basket because I think I left it somewhere in the park so my mother screamed and yelled at me the whole night. I didn't got much sleep thinking why the hell she didn't show up again this time. And now my head hurts like hell and I think my phone is broken because it stopped buzzing. And that's a day in the series of unfortunate events of Calum Thomas Hood's life.

I groaned as I take in the realization that it's 6 AM and I have to get up and get ready. If I can skip school today, I would, but it's really not my thing. I opened my eyes and just stared at the ceiling. I'm not in the mood to deal with anything today. I can't believe I've done things like those yesterday. I'm the kind of person who doesn't put too much effort to be appreciated. I am Calum Hood, for fuck's sake. Why would someone not appreciate me? I get whatever the hell I want in a glimpse. And this is what Kristen hates about me. Kristen fucking Walsh. I sighed at the thought of her. Why am I being like this to her? I never ever gave a shit about anyone before other than myself and my group of friends. She's a nobody. She's nothing. Then why the hell is this all happening? I basically spent the whole day for her and guess what. I got nothing in return. She didn't have the heart to show up even just for a bit. Does she even give a damn about me? I risked my leg just to give her the satisfaction of having fun by teaching me how to skate. I did all those things yesterday because of her. Even though I was not in the mood to eat a sandwich yesterday I still ate the ten fucking pieces of sandwiches. I got out of my mind thinking why she wasn't around that made me forget the basket at the park so I got home with my mom screaming and yelling at my face. I never get to hang out with my friends anymore because of her. My mind is always messed up because of her. Everything about me now is about her. I hate all of this. But apparently, I just can't get enough of her. I always want her around. No matter how much I stop myself from thinking of her, I couldn't. And it's fucking annoying me.

The walk to school was pretty boring. My eyes keep on closing and it feels really heavy. I have turned my music up to keep me awake but I keep on failing. If I can't handle myself anymore, I might literally fall asleep at the streets. I have never been this tired before. I wish I had a good sleep yesterday. This is all her fault.

I am not going to wait for her at the gates. That's what I have decided. But a battle started in my head. What if she has a valid reason why she wasn't around yesterday? I don't want to be an overreacting faggot again. I might really understand everything and we can just do the picnic later. But what if she did it on purpose? What if she really left me hanging and waiting all the day? Does she even think I worry about her? Well yeah, right. Why the hell would she think that way? She probably still think that I am still one of the group of people who loves to play pranks on her. Kristen is stupid and she doesn't care about anyone. So why would she even think I care for her? Do I care for her? I hate what sleep deprivation is causing me.

My eyes widened a bit when I saw my bandmates waiting for me at the gates. This isn't usual. Well this was usual before but not anymore when Kristen and I started the stupid fake relationship. They're with Leigh, Becca and Stacey too. I somehow got curious what is happening.

"Hey Cal!" Leigh approached. I just nod.

"What are you guys doing here?" I whispered to Luke, trying not to sound really curious.

"We really don't know, well, everyone is actually here outside so... We kind of just, did the same thing." He shrugged.

I looked around and saw almost everyone outside. This isn't usual, again. Something must be really happening but I can't seem to see anything going on. I just came up with the thought of us being here, so the people just wanted to see us.

"Hey I'm actually going to tell you something dude." Luke said and I turned to look back at him.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"The new song for our cover part?" He replied.

"What song then?"

"So I was thinking mayb- wait holy shit is that your girlfriend?"

Luke pointed at my back and my eyes widened to see a very different Kristen Walsh. I keep blinking my eyes, trying to process that what I'm seeing is actually real. My mouth hang open, and I couldn't seem to move. Everyone had turned to look at the small pink haired girl wearing a white see-through crop top and a mini skirt. Her hair is out but it's not the usual one because of how messy it is. She's wearing shit loads of make up, with the familiar devilish smirk on her red lips. From her head I turned to look at her feet, she's still wearing her black converse. I somehow got relieved by this. She said she doesn't wear heels. This is still Kristen. I just don't know what the fuck happened to her.

"Dude isn't that Kristen?" Michael asked me, obviously shocked about what he just saw as well.

"Y-yeah, I think?" Was all I can manage to say.

"That's totally her man, woah." Ashton stated quietly.

Even these guys couldn't believe this.

She's getting too much attention and it's not really good anymore. Some guys are looking horribly at her, but most of them are looking at her legs, up to her butt while saying some shit that I couldn't bare to hear. She remained smirking as she get closer. I have to do something about this.

"Oh my god what a total slut." Stacey retorted and I glared at her. She still feel uncomfortable about what happened yesterday and I feel glad about having the control over this. If she wasn't a lady I'd smash her face.

I removed my jacket and walked towards Kristen. This bullshit must stop now.