2011

The day came and here she was, slowly making her way through the woods. If she was alive, her heart would probably be beating against her chest, trying to jump out of it. Unfortunately - or fortunately, how ever you want to look at it - her heart was tucked deep inside the safety of her ribs -- unfunctioning.

She walked slowly, trying to prolong the time she had to face the boy by kicking rocks along her way or picking petals off from a flower she picked up from somewhere. But no matter how much she tried wasting time, she knew she'd have to face him. She could just turn the other way just ditch him if she really wanted to but that was the problem; she wanted to see the boy. So inevitably, she'd have to face him and tell him the entire truth.

Upon reaching their spot, she let out a big sigh of relief as she leaned against the tree, thinking that her human friend was late. She thought she still had time for herself to sort her thoughts out, although she already had the past three years to do just that.

But apparently, she thought too soon.

"Boo!" a loud whisper, if that even made sense, was spat right in her ear making her jump in surprise. How she didn't manage to hear him creep behind the tree using her heightened hearing sense to surprise her, she had no idea.

She didn't have time to examine his features like what she always did before he was pulling her through the woods. The woods was located just on the boundary of Holmes Chapel, meaning if you go through to the other side of the woods, you're no longer in the village. She hadn't gone to the other side of the woods because she knew it was a bit far from the village and people rarely went there. It left her wondering if that was infact where the boy was taking her and how the boy knew about what's on the other end.

But instead of asking, she raised an eyebrow and just let the boy tug her wrist to wherever he was taking her.

She didn't want to get into questions yet; especially when the boy had questions for her himself and she knew she didn't want to answer them as of the moment. So she let the sound of silence - chirping of birds and cruching of dead leaves under their shoes - prevail inbetween them.

They slowed their pace in the middle of their little trek, both starting to feel the soreness of their feets. They walked side-by-side peacefully; shoulders bumping into each other's a couple of times, yet still not a word was said. They were drenched in a deafening silence up until he broke it.

She listened very eagerly to every melodic note his throat produced as it deeply reverberated only loud enough for the both of them to hear. The boy's hands were clasped on his backpack straps on either of his shoulders and he was humming a song that was familiar to her but she couldn't really remember what the the title was.

Isn't She Lovely? Her mind wondered; she couldn't really be so sure though.

She knew they were near the clearing of the woods when she could already see the sunlight peeking not too far way from them. She silently wondered what could be out there that made the boy decide to take her there, but too silently so the solemn mood wouldn't be broken.

She snapped her head sidewards when she felt a hand creeping on her own only to see a perked up Harry looking like an overexcited puppy whenever they see their owner. She guessed he was about to hold her hand this time and not her wrist, so he could tug her to fasten her walk.

His eyes widened and he quickly jerked his hand back as if he was surprised of his own move as well. A blush formed on his cheeks and before he could open his mouth to reason out his deeds, she smiled and took his hand on hers and entwined their fingers herself, making they boy flush even more.

Hand in hand, they walked out of the woods; the sun rays slightly blinding them as there were already no trees that could shade them from it.

Once her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the surroundings, she gasped; the beautiful sight infront of her eyes leaving her utterly speechless.