Chapter 11 - Sunday, 30th March - Inside the Train to Belforte

Sunday, 30th March – Inside the Train to Belforte, almost ten in the evening

The train is quiet. It's already really late, actually. Considering that the sun still behaves as though in the Winter, it started to set today soon as of five in the afternoon. So now, ten o'clock, it's dark enough to be even a little frightening.

Yet I still like travelling by train. I don't really know why, only that there is a quite cosy atmosphere inside. Many students who attended the ball today because of their parents are going back together, even though they hadn't been hosted in the castle. Chloe is here by my side. Her head had been resting on my shoulder, but when I started typing, it started bothering her, so she's now leaning her head on the guy sitting on her other side (who, unfortunately for her, wasn't a student or someone we knew).

I would've travelled back by helicopter, but Chloe asked me to go by train and I thought it'd be a good idea. Initially, because Portia was as of this exact moment flying to school and she's the last person I want to see after what happened today. And, lastly, because of me being here, there was space left for Joan and Michelle to go with her.

Ben, however, is sitting before me now, a book covering almost his whole face. He's the only one besides me who's awake in the waggon, even if there were only twenty minutes since we'd left. With the news that I'd be going by train, he rushed to offer to protect me. From what, I don't know. But that was what was missing for my parents to let me come without any problems. He and other guards pretending to be general passengers.

And, when I say my parents, I really mean Elena. I don't even know if she had let the decision go through them.

As soon as Chloe asked me to come with her, I knew Ben would want to come as well. Although going by helicopter made the trip last twenty minutes instead of the one hour and a half, he's scared to death of heights and usually has to take some kind of sedative beforehand. Without knowing, Chloe had only asked something we both wanted.

Anyhow, as much as I'm thinking it's amazing travelling by train for the first time with my schoolmates, that's not what I came here for.

No. I came to tell about the ball.

It had been set to start at half past five, so I started to get ready at four.

Actually, if you thoroughly thought about it, I started it in the morning, when I went to the hairstylist.

But, anyway, at four I took a bath and let Joan and Michelle get me ready. Starting off with my hair. It had to be straightened first in order to Joan make a few curls at the ends. She tied it in a way which left it everything to one side, while Michelle did my nails and, afterwards, my makeup. Nobody had sent me an invitation, but I knew exactly what kind of occasion it would be. Hence the black eyeliner, even if it's just a little bit, they still made me look like a daredevil. As well as my crown ring, which Michelle hesitated on bringing to me.