As soon as the words were out of her mouth, a heavy silence descended upon them but it didn't last for more than a second. Maida and Urwa, their eyes wide and mouth agaped, jumped towards Fariya, crushing her in a hug as they screamed at the top of their voices. Saad, on the other hand, stood a foot away, his hands thrust into his trouser's pockets and his head tilted to a side as he locked Fariya's smiling face in his eyes.

"Fari, I'm so happy!" Fariya shifted her gaze to Urwa who had now pulled back from the hug, a huge smile illuminating her face.

"No wonder Omer Bhai was so happy." Saad mischievously said and Fariya's face turned the slightest bit of scarlet.

"When did this miracle happen?" Maida's voice was laced with energy and happiness and Fariya took a deep breath as she looked at her.

"Yes, Fari. Mama told me that you don't want the Rukhsati yet. When did you change your mind?" Urwa all but shouted as she looked at Fariya questioningly.

Fariya's heart stopped for a fraction of second before she again smiled, this time with more ease.

"I just needed some time before I made a final decision. That's what I did." Fariya smiled slightly as she added the touch of lie to her words.

Urwa, looked at her with narrowed eyes before she threw herself on Fariya again.

"I am so damn happy. Finally this Rukhsati will happen." Urwa exclaimed jovially and Fariya burst out laughing; after so many days, after so many ache.

A knock at the door broke them apart and Saad turned towards the door to open it. The person who stepped inside the room was Fariya's mother who was looking at Fariya with all the love in her eyes.

Slowly making her way towards Fariya, she cupped her face with her palms as she rested a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm so proud of you." She had tears in her eyes as she hugged her daughter lightly. Fariya wiped her tears as she looked at her mother in the eye and smiled.

"Come, Dado is asking for you." She coiled her hand around Fariya's wrist and pulled her slightly along with her, closely followed by Maida, Urwa and Saad.

Fariya let herself go with the flow, a smile fixed on her beautiful face as she descended the stairs. But she was at the last step when her eyes landed on Omer who was standing beside his father, talking something with a small smile on his face.

Fariya's steps halted as her eyes landed on his smile, a smile which had turned her life upside down so many times that she had lost count. Omer's eyes moved past his father and locked on Fariya who was staring at him, her face smiling, her eyes twinkling with love and happiness.

The small smile on Omer's face widened almost reflexively as his eyes took in the sight of his spouse. Fariya, too overwhelmed with his smile, lowered her head shyly and moved towards her grandmother who was sitting on the sofa.

"Here comes my child!" Dado said, happiness dripping from her voice as she extended her arms towards Fariya and Fariya, without any reluctance, moved into them.

"I'm so happy." She said, hugging her granddaughter as she patted her back. Fariya moved back from the heartwarming embrace and looked down at her smiling grandmother.

Just then, her Taya Abbu and Tayi Ammi came towards her and placed their hand on Fariya's head.

"Ali would have been so happy." Taya Abbu whispered as he side-hugged his niece, patting her head as lighlty as ever.

Tears, both of sadness and joy, clouded her vision but Tayi Ammi wiped them away.

"There's no need to cry, child. He will always be with you, no matter what." Fariya nodded her head, her flushed face smiling.