0.9 - 배신

0.9 - 배신

jimin pov

My previously peaceful night consisted of eating fattening foods and watching reruns of game shows from the 80s was ultimately destroyed when I received the most appalling text from Taehyung.

It was a photo of Taehyung and Jungkook kissing, although it was blurry and unfocused, I could make out the two people who I was closest with, my boyfriend and one of my best friends. Who were now entitled with 'betrayal' written all over their profiles. What the actual fuck did I do to deserve this. It felt like my heart had been wrenched out of my chest, leaving it broken and tarnished beyond repair. I was shaking feveriously, my smart phone slipping from my fingers which could not register the absence of the said object. Harsh tears slipped out from my eyes, and I felt the droplets cascade down my face. They felt cold against my flushed face, and their arrival was not welcomed.

My bright orange hair was taut in my chubby fingers, and even knowing I should release the locks before my scalp ripped off, I refused. It was the only thing I could do for my hands to stop their relentless shaking. My agonizing cries echoed throughout my small bedroom, and I was thankful that Hoseok wasn't home to hear them through the paper thin walls. Running to my bathroom which was connected to my room, I grabbed a trash can, in case I threw up.

My mind couldn't even begin to comprehend what I had just saw. What if they had gone even further than kissing? What if Jungkook had sex with Taehyung? What if they ended up dating, leaving me and Yoongi-hyung behind? Thoughts like these wouldn't stop reaching my brain, causing me to shake even more, cry even more, break even more.

I did the only thing I could think of. I called my mom. My mother and I never had the most pleasing relationship, pushing and pulling at each other's buttons, until I couldn't tolerate the endless cycle anymore. When Hoseok-hyung, my best friend, had gotten me out of the treacherous situation and offered me a room in his apartment, I couldn't have been more elated in my whole life then I was then. The only time I ever communicated with my mom since then was on Holidays, when against my will, I was forced to drive for two hours to celebrate with my parents and other relatives for special occasions. Those days were the worst of my entire life. All that was discussed at those brief meetings, I usually left before supper was finished, was how I will never get anywhere in life, how I was a faggot, a disgrace to the Park surname, and other harsh words thrown at me about my 'failure.'

Regardless, I called my mother because I needed someone who would tell me that I needed to get my act together besides myself.

She picked up.

"Eomma," I choked out over the speaker, voice laced with tears.

"Jimin, son, why have you called me? And at such a late hour? Are you drunk?" her voice was placid, calm as ocean waves, which has never changed since I was a child. My mother might be awful and strict, but she never yelled.

"I have a problem," I couldn't think of another way to begin the conversation besides stating the obvious.

"Is there a boy?" her voice sighed disappointedly, almost bored, I concluded.

"Yes, there is a boy. His name is Jeon Jungkook. I haven't been dating him for awhile, but I have fallen head over heels for him, Eomma. He is so amazing, so fit, kind, funny, shy, yet confident at the same time, has an incredible sense of humor, and I was more than positive he was the one. I knew he had to be as into me as I was into him. I saw it, Eomma. Whenever he looked at me, his eyes seemed to sparkle, a bit differently than when we were with friends or his family, and that and his affection was the confirmation I needed to fall in love with him. And I did, and that was the most foolish thing I have ever done in my life," I paused for a second to catch my breath. I heard my mother's calm breath over the phone, almost encouraging me to continue, "He cheated on me Eomma, with one of my friends, with one of his fucking friends," I finished with a sob, my left hand coming up to tangle itself in my hair.