11

Skip to the hour before lunch

My second hour was Social Studies which I had with Leah. I ran to get there before her. I put my backpack on the floor next to me and leaned against the wall waiting for her. I saw her walking my way from her Language Arts class. She came up to me and gave me a hug.

"Hey Drea." She said pulling away. "Hi Leah." I said. "Ready for murder?" She asked me. I laughed and nodded. "Let's hang out for Halloween." She recommend. "Can't. I'm sorry. I'm going with my friend Jamie. He's been begging to see me since I moved." I told her. She looked down and nodded.

"Ok. He is the one that gave you that necklace, huh?" She asked. I nodded and held the charm in my hand. "Yeah, he was my best friend. But we can hang out the next day. We can have our own sleepover and eat a bunch of junk food." She perked up and smiled.

"Yay! Okay." The bell rang and we both walked into class. It was just notes. Leah didn't bother to look up at the board so she copied off of my notes. We talked the whole time and got in trouble a bunch. Isabelle sent death glares our way but looked sad at the same time.

"Leah and Andrea. I will need to talk to you after lunch in Study hall. Go to lunch." Ms. Reiner called after us. Not many people liked her. I rolled my eyes and walked to the tree Leah and I sat at yesterday. "I swear this is the best place to watch the clouds on earth." Leah commented her head in my lap.

"So true. I still need to do two things." She got up and looked at me. "What?" She asked me. "Let's name the tree. It can be ours." I told her. She laid her head down in my lap again and thought for a second. "I'm lost. You?" She said looking up at me. "Analeah." I told her. She shook her head and started laughing. "I actually like it. Let's go with it." She told me. She grabbed my bag of Doritos and ate some.

"Only because you're you and you gave me gum." I said annoyed. "Aw you never do that for anyone. Love ya!" She said. She was joking but it still made my heart flutter. I laughed and looked up to the sky. "Let this last forever." I whispered to myself so she couldn't hear.

---------------------------------------------

After school I did what Leah said and walked until I met her way. Apparently she had different plans. I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Friend!" Leah yelled. Once she let go I turned around and faced her. "How was P.E?" I asked her. "Oh it was horrible. It's raining!"
She complained. "Since its Friday wanna go to the park?" She asked her arm around my shoulders. "It's raining Leah." I told her. She pointed to my rain jacket. "Fine. I'll call Dallon." I told her. After ringing for a while he picked up. "Don't bother picking us up. Leah has a test to make up. We can walk home." I told him. He sighed and thought for a moment. "Andrea. It's raining. I can still pick you up." Dallon said. I looked at Leah sadly. "That's what rain coats are for. Thanks Dal." I said hanging up before he could answer. We were walking out when I got a text.

Dallo: Fine. Be home soon. Or have Brendon pick you up from the park. Before 6 pm!

Drea: WHAT! HOW?

Dallo: I'm not an idiot Andrea. Have fun. Brendon will be there at 6.

"Well he knows but Brendon's gonna pick us up." I told Leah arriving at the park. It wasn't that far. "The sky is so pretty raining." Leah said sitting on a swing. I looked into her eyes and back at the sky, comparing them.

"There are more beautiful things." I told her. She looked at me and smiled. "Like what?" She asked. I sat on a swing and thought. "Well bright blue eyes. Curly hair. Braces work for people. You in general." I said sitting on the concrete, she stood up and joined me.

"You know. I think I'm not confused anymore." She told me. I smiled and stood up. "Why are you moving so much?" She asked. "Close your eyes and spin slowly." I told her.