Dangerous Prince: The Choice (chap 7)

Start from the beginning

I nodded and picked up another stone.

"Is this your secret meeting place? Is this where the two of you..."

Instead of throwing the stone to the lake, I threw it on Lachlan but unfortunately, he caught it before it could even hit his face. "She just wants to talk to me."

Lachlan combed his tousled black hair and then threw the stone on the lake. "I wish she'll just stop loving you. I'll do everything just to make her mine."

My head snapped up at him. Man, Lachlan was really a big man - I mean demon. I was already six feet and yet I still had to look up just to see his face. "What do you mean? Aren't the two of you dating?"

He frowned. "No, what made you think we are dating?"

I shrugged and looked back at the lake. If they were not dating then why the hell they were acting yesterday as if they were lovers?

"After what you said to her I can't believe she still wants to talk to you..." Lachlan mused.

"She sent me a letter last night." I took out the crumpled paper from my pocket and handed it to him.

He frowned and read words scribbled on it aloud. "Meet me near the lake at around five o'clock in the afternoon."

I glanced on my wristwatch - five minutes before five o'clock. "You should leave now. I don't want her to think that you and I are planning something again."

"By the way, you haven't told me why Analee canceled her date with you. What happened?"

"N - nothing," I croaked. I would rather die than tell Lachlan what really happened! He will die laughing - or die in anger - when he found out how Analee...

"Kira, are you blushing?" Lachlan shouted, looking at my face with wide eyes. "Don't tell me the two of you..."

"Shut up, Lachlan!" I snapped before he could even finish his sentence. "Nothing happened between the two of us so stop looking at me like that! Now get the hell out of here! She'll be here any moment now!"

Lachlan did not make any move to leave and gave me a suspicious look.

"I said leave," I whispered menacingly.

He nodded curtly and in a heartbeat, he was gone. Sometimes Lachlan could be a real pain in the ass.

I checked the time again. It was exactly five o'clock. I looked sideways but there was no sign of her... but I could sense five demons hiding behind the pine trees just about a hundred meters away behind me. I waited for them to make a move but they remained in their places.

"What do you want!" I yelled impatiently.

No movement.

I turned around to face them and bellowed, "I know that there are five of you out there so stop hiding!"

One by one, the demons emerged. They were already in their true forms, revealing their long horns and eyes as black as charcoal. They crouched, raised their swords and bared their sharp teeth, ready to attack me anytime.

"What do you want from me?" I asked evenly. If they think that I was frightened then they were wrong. They should be the one who was frightened. When they started walking towards me I added, "I think you should leave now... I'm waiting for someone."

The red haired demon at the center of the group laughed. "But we are the one who sent you the letter so it is US whom you are waiting for."

"You sent the letter?" Now I was really pissed off! I did not eat breakfast and lunch because all day I was thinking of what to do when we meet again! I will rip off the heads of these demons for tricking me!

The black haired demon standing at the left side of the red haired demon snickered. "You look so disappointed."

"Are you here to kill me?" I asked through clenched teeth. When they smirked I said, "Who sent you here to kill me?"

"Who do you think," the red-haired demon asked.

I conjured my own sword and pointed it at the red - haired demon. "Well there was only one demon that was stupid enough to do this... Ashtar."

The red - haired demon run towards me but stopped a few meters away from me when Analee appeared on my right side and Lachlan on my left. They both had swords on their left hand pointing at the demons in front of us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked without bothering to look at them.

It was Lachlan who answered me. "When I saw Analee, I told her that you where already here waiting for you but then Analee asked me why you where waiting for me. I told her about the letter and she told me that she did not do it. We immediately went here because Analee thinks that it is a trap... and she is right about it."

I wanted to look at Analee but I was afraid to. What if she was angry with me? The other four demons moved forward too so I decided to deal with Analee later.

"I'll take the two demons from the left and Lachlan will take the other two from the right," I told Analee and then the three of us charged forward our opponents.

The black - haired demon on my left side moved towards me and thrust his sword forward. I twisted around his attack, and then slash him when he was within range. He fell lifelessly on the ground and at the sane time heard Analee groaned in pain.

I turned around and saw Analee lying on the ground and not far from her was the headless demon. Without more ado, I faced my remaining opponent, slashed his chest and beheaded him in a heartbeat.

Both Lachlan and I finished our opponents at the same time. I looked back at Analee but she was still lying on the ground... eyes closed and breathing very slowly.

What happened to her? I will never forgive myself if something wrong happened to her! I will kill Ashtar if she dies!